“I’m too ‘OLD’ for that”: Idris Elba denies taking over 007 role

“I’m too ‘OLD’ for that”: Idris Elba denies taking over 007 role

1
SHARE
Idris Elba

Idris Elba appears to have ruled himself out as the next James Bond, saying he is too old for the role.

The 43-year-old actor had been tipped by bookmakers to take over from 48-year-old Daniel Craig, who is expected to exit the franchise after 10 years as the MI6 agent.

But Idris told Good Morning America: “I think I’m too old for that.

“Running around in cars and ladies and martinis, who wants to do that? Sounds terrible.”

With news that the next Bond film may not be released until late 2018, Elba would be 45 when he took on the role – the same age as Roger Moore when he became the oldest actor to take on 007 in 1973′s Live And Let Die.

Daniel has not officially quit as Bond, but he said last year that he would “rather slash my wrists” than return for the 25th movie in the series.

Skyfall and Spectre director Sam Mendes has confirmed he will not be returning.

Bookmakers William Hill have American Hustle actor Jack Huston as frontrunner at odds of 3/1, followed by Poldark’s Aidan Turner and War And Peace star James Norton as joint second favourites.

Tom Hiddleston has dropped to fourth, while 53-year-old Colin Salmon has jumped ahead of Elba as fifth in line.

Leave a Reply

1 Comment on "“I’m too ‘OLD’ for that”: Idris Elba denies taking over 007 role"

Leave a Reply


Sort by:   newest | oldest | most voted
Guest
Valerie
Jul 23, 2016 7:01 pm

If that’s what they have told you Idris, do not believe them. You are fantastic actor and that’s what matters the most. What about Roger Moore, Sean Connery and Pierce Brosnan? It is crap and they are just idiots.

wpDiscuz