Grandchildren coming over for holidays, it’s time for special indulgence and making memories! Here is a great way and chance to mix learning with cooking, spoil your adorable grandchildren with some sweet delights. For your next cooking session with your family try doughnuts and cupcakes, which are sure to please all. Indulge your grand-kids this season, with our rich, covet-worthy dessert ideas in happy holiday hues. While you ty these fun desserts and don’t forget to eat your home work! Two delicious and easy recipes by Expert Chef Vivek Kadam, Gourmet Store at Grand Hyatt, Mumbai.
- Flour 500g
- Sugar 80g
- Yeast 40g
- Butter 120g
- Eggs 2
- Egg yolk 3
- Vanilla essence 2 tbsp
- Lemon zest 2
- Warm milk 100g
- Salt 10g
* Mix yeast and sugar along with warm milk and allow it to bloom.
* Add this to flour and add all the rest of the ingredients.
* Allow it to proof.
* Once proved dock back the dough.
* Allow it to proof one more time.
Red Velvet Cup Cakes
- Butter- 450 gm
- Castor Sugar- 1000 gm
- Butter milk – 960 ml
- Vinegar – 20 ml
- Flour – 1000 gm
- Coco powder- 60 gm
- Eggs – 8 each
- Baking soda- 15 gm
- Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed 5 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time. Mix in cream, milk, food color and vanilla.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed until just blended. Do not over-beat.
- Spoon batter into paper-lined muffin cups, filling each cup 2/3 full.
- Bake 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into cupcake comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack. Remove from pans; cool completely.
- Frost with Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting.
Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting:
* Beat cream cheese, softened, butter, sour cream until light and fluffy.
* Gradually beat in confectioners’ sugar until smooth.