Coffee lovers you’d agree that on a cold winter day, all you’d crave for would be a large cup of coffee. While coffee has many health benefits from promoting healthy heart to protecting against diabetes, liver disease besides brightens up your mood. How about some coffee infused recipes to keep you warm and pepped up through the cold February week? Well, coffee that’s good enough to eat and sip into! Here are some incredibly indulgent coffee inspired recipes made with coffee and love! We bet you’ll love this round up of caffeine kick.
COFFEE AND KAHLUA MOUSSE by Chef Choco Diva
* 10 ounces Chocolate Chips (semi-sweet or milk chocolate)
* 3 whole large eggs, room temperature (pasteurized if possible)
* 1 tsp vanilla extract
* ½ tsp salt
* 1 tbsp granulated sugar
* ¾ c strong coffee, boiling
* 2 Tbsp Kahlua liqueur
* 2 cups heavy cream, divided
* 2 tbsp powdered sugar
* 1 Tbsp Kailua
* 4 Tbsp chocolate shavings
* In a blender jar combine the chocolate chips, eggs, vanilla extract, salt and sugar. Turn blender on low and blend for one minute. Making sure the coffee is boiling, carefully add in into the blender while it is on. Blend on high for 2-3 minutes until the mixture is very smooth. Pour the mixture into a bowl, stir in two tablespoons of Kahlua and chill in refrigerator for 2 hours.
* Whip one cup of the heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
* Add in one tablespoon of the powdered sugar and whip agin. Fold into the chocolate mixture until well combined then divide amongst 4 glasses. Chill another 2 hours.
* While the mousse is chilling in glasses whip the remaining heavy cream, powdered sugar and Kahlua. Spoon or pipe on top of the mousse and garnish with chocolate shavings. Serve chilled.
Café Delhi Heights gives us two delightful Coffee recipes to try at home.
Coffee Toffee Cookies Shake
* 10 gms Coffee Powder
* 60 ml Caramel syrup
* 120 ml cream
* 200 ml Milk
* 6 – 7 ice cubes
1) Mix all ingredients in cocktail blender and blend for 30 – 40 seconds.
2) Pour into a mason jar.
3) Garnish with caramel syrup.
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 4 tbsp castor sugar
- 1 1/2 cups mascarpone cheese
- 60 ml kailua
- 1 1/2 cups whipped cream
- 2 tbsp instant coffee powder
- 1 1/2 cups cups warm water
- 32 sponge finger biscuits
- 2 heaped tsp cocoa powder
* Whisk the egg yolk with sugar till the mixture is pale, creamy and frothy. Gently fold in the mascarpone and kahlua. Set aside.
* Beat the egg whites till stiff, add to the mascarpone mixture with cream and fold well to combine thoroughly.
* In a wide mixing bowl, combine the coffee powder with water and stir to dissolve.
One by one, dip the sponge fingers in the coffee concoction, remove immediately and arrange in a layer of 4 in a serving bowl. Repeat with 3 more serving bowls.
* Spoon half the mascarpone mixture over the sponge finger layers and repeat another layer of sponge fingers. Top with the remaining mascarpone mixture and sift cocoa powder over each bowl.
* Refrigerate till set and serve chilled.