No matter how satisfying or heavy your meal has been, there is always room for some impressive desserts and beautiful sweet ends to a meal. Well, if you’re craving something sweet but short on time, we have got you sorted with some fast and fuss-free summer desserts. Satisfy your sweet tooth this summer with these scrumptious desserts. These beauties could sure be your summertime staples or the perfect pick-me-up. Summer is also the perfect time to indulge as you can burn out the calories post your dessert session.
Expert Chef Aruna Iyer gives us a few irresistible summer dessert recipes to try this warm season.
Lemon Curd Pavlova
Method: For the Pavlova
* In a completely dry bowl, add all ingredients and blend with a hand blender till stiff peaks appear.
* Lay butter paper on a baking tray & add a spoonful of the Pavlova mix on it.
* Then using a dry spoon, make a hollow using the rear of the spoon to make a cup like shape. Repeat the same for the whole mixture.
* Pre-heat the oven to 100˚C. Bake the pavlovas at 100˚C for 50 – 55 mins. After which the pavlovas will be hard on the outside & chewy on the inside.
* Set the Pavlova aside.
Method: Lemon Curd
* On a double boiler whisk the butter, sugar and egg yolk.
* Cook till it becomes thick, once done add lemon juice strain the mix to avoid lumps.
* Pipe lemon curd on the pavlova cups for garnish.
Rum Grilled Pineapple
- Butter 100g
- Sugar 250g
- Water 50ml
- Rum 2 tbsp
- Cinnamon Powder 1 Pinch
- Honey 100ml
- Pineapple Rings 4
* Combine butter, sugar, water, honey, rum, cinnamon powder & make a glaze. Place the pineapple in it and marinate for 2 hrs.
* Grill the pineapple for 2 mins in a griller till the glaze caramelizes.
* Once done drizzle the pineapples with the remaining glaze and add a scoop of ice-cream over it.
* Cooking Cream – 200ml
* White Chocolate – 500gms
* Orange Zest – 1 Orange
* Orange Concentrate – 1 tbsp.
* Orange Food Coloring (Optional)
- Melt the white chocolate in a microwave or a double boiler.
- Warm the cream in a sauce pan, add the orange zest & orange concentrate and mix well.
- Mix the white chocolate with the cream mixture.
- Add food coloring and mix well again till the color spreads evenly over the mixture.
- Cover the mixture and place in the refrigerator for 60mins.
- Take icing sugar in a bowl and make balls of the truffle mix and roll into the Icing sugar. Repeat with the whole mixture & enjoy.
Frozen Watermelon Yoghurt
- Watermelon Juice – 300ml
- Hung Curd – 500g
- Cooking Cream 300ml
- Honey – 4 tbsp
- Method: Blend all the ingredients well together and set in the refrigerator to freeze for 5-6 hrs.