Easter vacations have started for the kids and what better way to spend the spring holidays than to whip up some utterly cute desserts for the family. While you are at it, don’t forget to involve the kids in helping you, as it would be a fun activity for them too! Well, no Easter celebration is complete without some dessert-making session and these cute dessert recipes are way better than whatever the Easter Bunny put in your basket. You can even fill your Easter basket with these yummy goodies, needless to say the kids will flip for these treats besides they are pretty enough to be served at an adult party too!
Executive Chef, Ankit Mangla, Plaza Premium Lounge gives us two delectable and adorable dessert recipes.
Easter Eggs – Tiramisu Filled 4 portions
For Chocolate Shell:
* 125 g chocolate 70%
* Temper the chocolate over a hot water basin. Stir the chocolate for about 20 minutes. Once the chocolate is at right temperature, spread a layer evenly in moulds leaving the top open. Place the mould into the refrigerator until set.
* De-mould once it is set. Stick the halves together with melted chocolate over joints from inside
For Tiramisu filling:
2 no. Eggs separated
2 tbsp. caster sugar
125 gm Mascarpone Cheese
3-4 no. Saviordi Biscuits
¼ cup espresso coffee
25 ml Marsala
- Beat egg yolks and caster sugar together until thickened.
- In a separate bowl beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Add mascarpone cheese to the egg whites and stir gently until just blended. Add egg yolk mixture and fold through with a wooden spoon until just combined. Set aside.
- Break Saviordi biscuits and dip in coffee quickly on each side then place in the base of each chocolate egg. Top each biscuit with 1-2 tablespoons of the mascarpone mixture and then repeat with the remaining biscuits and mascarpone mixture until you have 3 layers of biscuit topped with mascarpone cream.
- Garnish with grated chocolate over the top of each egg.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least two hours before serving.
Chocolate fudge Cup Cakes
* 140 g Refined Flour
* 120 g butter, softened
* 85 g Caster Sugar
* 2 Eggs
* 2 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees C. Line 3 mini muffin tins with colorful patty cups.
- Place flour into a large bowl and add the butter, sugar, eggs and cocoa.
- Mix with an electric hand-beater until smooth. Spoon the mixture into the patty cups, filling them 3/4 full. Bake for 10 -12 minutes or until the sponge mixture feels firm when you touch it. Remove from the oven and cool.
* 120 g Butter, Softened
* 120 g Icing Sugar
* 100 g Milk / Dark Chocolate, Melted
* Mix the softened butter and sugar together with an electric beater then add the melted chocolate. Mix swiftly.
* Decorate with the icing on top of each cupcake and decorate with 2 or 3 mini chocolate eggs.