Still struggling what to prepare this Easter weekend? Since it’s round the corner, so Easter eggs and cakes are in order! These gorgeous gems come together much easier than you’d think and are so festive. This Easter fill your homes with peace, joy, love and tons of delicious desserts. We are already digging and have gotten obsessed with these recipes, which have instantly become our must-makes!
Talk about Easter decadence at its best.
Cookie & Cream Easter Egg by café De Paris, Chennai
- Add the Oreos to a food processor, and pulse until evenly crumbled.
- Add the cream cheese and pulse until the mixture is smooth and well-blended, stopping to scrape down the sides of the food processor once or twice if needed. If you don’t have a food processor, you can crush the Oreos in a large ziplock bag, and then stir/mix in the cream cheese by hand.
- Use an ice cream scoop to portion the dough into 1/4-cup balls. Then roll by hand into egg shapes. Place the eggs on baking sheets, and chill in the refrigerator (or freezer) until hardened.
- Melt the white chocolate in a separate bowl, then either drizzle on the eggs with a fork or use a piping bag to pipe the chocolate on in your desired design.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate in a sealed container for up to 1 week.
Easter cake by Della Cafe 24, Lonavla
- 4 eggs, large, room temperature
- Pinch of salt
- Sugar 3/4 cup
- Self-rising Flour 3/4 cups
- Cocoa Powder 1/4 cup
- Butter, melted 60 g
- Whisky 60 ml
- Sugar syrup 60 ml
- chocolate ganache 200g
- Food glaze 30 ml
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder and the baking powder together and keep aside.
- Place the eggs into a bowl of a mixer fitted with a whisk attachment and whip the eggs till smooth.
- Slowly add sugar in heaps till the mixture increases in volume and becomes foamy.
- Add the sifted mixture to the batter and beat till mixed, add the butter melted to the batter. Put the batter in a 9 inch oven tray and bake for 30 mins at 180 degrees till done. Let the cake cool on a tray.
- Cut the cake in three circular layers. Light the whisky with a matchstick and let it smoke. Add the smoked whisky to sugar syrup and soak the sponge with the whisky and sugar syrup mixture.
- Coat the entire cake with chocolate ganache, and layer the three sponge pieces over each other.
- Decorate with food glaze and chocolate Easter eggs.