Are you craving some hearty, quick and autumnal recipe ideas? We’ve got you covered! We love some quick bites which are salty, tangy to the hilt, give us a spicy kick for when the nights draw in. With autumn in the air and festive season not too far, now’s the time to perfect your art of making tempting snacks at home. May we add, these tasty treats don’t take too long to prepare, and great to snack on with a hot drink! Folks, make these snacks to celebrate the season of fall.
Fried Corn Tempura
With the onset of the monsoon, comes the desire to snack on warm delectable delights and what better way to enjoy this season then savouring up a warm bowl of Fried Corn Tempura. Here is the recipe to fulfil all your snack cravings this monsoon. By Chef Harsh Parekh, Fort 001 restaurant.
- Corn (70 gms)
- Tempura Flour (60 gms)
- Spinach (50 gms)
- Fried Noodles
- Sweet Chilly Sauce
- Water (100 gms)
- Red chilli Powder
- Chaat Masala
Salt Step by Step Method to do:
- Prepare Boiled Noodles (Boil them until they are almost cooked but not mushy)
- Heat the frying pan over medium flame and fry the noodles to make the base of it for the tempura.
- Chop the spinach (Rough Cuts) for adding it in the tempura.
- In a large bowl, mix together the Corn, Tempura flour, Spinach and Salt to taste.
- Place a pan on the heat and pour the mixture of Tempura and fry till it’s ready.
- Take the sweet chilli sauce and add a pinch of red chilli powder into it, Whisk the sauce till the chilli powder incorporate in it. This will make it taste slightly spicy.
- Finally add the Fried Tempura mixture into the Sauce prepared. Mixing with hands will give you better results.
- Serve the Tempura by placing it on the bed of Fried Noodles prepared in 1st step and sprinkle the Chaat Masala on top to give it final touch. Now the scrumptious and delicious Spinach and Corn Tempura with Fried noodles are ready to relish.
- You can also always enjoy this delicious recipe on your own. This dish is perfect for all-time be it a breakfast or as a snack or during any time of day.
Spicy Veg Tacos
- 1.5 ounces achiote paste or annatto
- 1/2 cup canola oil 1 teaspoon ground cumin 2 teaspoons Tapatio or other hot sauce 1 teaspoon salt
- 10 ounces extra firm tofu cut into 1/3″ slabs and patted dry
- 1 medium zucchini; cut into 1/3″ slabs
- 1 medium onion; thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic; thinly sliced
- 2 red and 1 yellow bell pepper; cut into strips
- 24 tacos shells
- In a small bowl, break up the achiote with a fork and mash in the oil, a little at a time until it dissolves. Mix in the cumin, hot sauce and salt.
- Heat up a grill or grill pan to a medium flame. Brush the tofu with the achiote oil on one side and grill until well done. Brush the other side, flip, and grill. Repeat with the zucchini. Allow both to cool and then cut into 1/3″ dice.
- Heat up a frying pan over a medium-high flame. Add 2 tablespoons of the achiote oil. Saute the onion, garlic and bell peppers until very soft.
- Add the tofu and zucchini to the pepper mixture. Taste and adjust seasoning. It may need more salt, or a little lime or lemon juice, or more chile heat.
- Wrap the tortillas in a damp, clean dish towel and microwave for about 3 minutes until soft and warm.
- To eat, lay down two tortillas. Top with a moderate scoop of the filling, a spoonful of guacamole and the pineapple salsa. Pass more hot sauce for those who want it.