Game season or football season is snack season. And may we add, food is the name of the game! So amp up with these easy to prepare recipes while cheering for your favourite team. Forget your team rivalries and unite over some good food, whether you are cozying up with your partner at home watching a day of exciting matches or preparing for the next football party at home, these will be a hit! Score big at your big game party with this winning line-up of savoury and sweet recipes.
Cheesy Heart Pops from The Tipsy Bull
* Processed Cheese 150 g
* Paneer 100 g
* American corn 150 g
* Chilli flakes 1/2 tsp Parsley chopped 1 tsp
* Salt 1/2 tsp
* Crush black pepper 1/2 tsp
* Chopped onion 1 tbsp
* Garlic powder 1 tsp
* Oil To Fry
* Bread crumb 250 g
* Flour 150 grms (for batter)
* Mayonnaise 2 Tbsp
* Tomato Ketchup 1 Tbsp
* Capsico sauce 1 Tsp
* Salt To Taste
* Grate the paneer and cheese, add all the ingredients together, mix it well.
* Give the shape like a heart or you can use the heart shape mould for the perfect shape.
* Now deep the poops into the batter
* Then in the bread crumb
* After that keep it in fridge for 15 mints.
* Deep fry it until golden brown. Serve hot with spicy dip.
Strawberry and Cream Cheese Pancake from Bon Appétit
* 250 cream cheese
* 100ml milk
* 120 g Refined Flour (Maida)
* 2 eggs
* Baking powder
* Oil or butter for grilling
* Red food coloring few drops
* Separate the eggs
* Whisk the cheese and egg yolk together till light and fluffy
* Whist the egg whites till light and fluffy forming soft peaks.
* Beat the milk into the batter removing any lumps
* Sift the flour and gently fold in the batter.
* Softly mix in the fluffy egg whites
* Add baking powder and color.
* Grill them
Cheese Frosting Method:
* Cream Cheese 100g
* Icing Sugar 300g
* Microwave the cream cheese for 20 sec (till it is runny )
* Whist in icing sugar and rest for 5 min
* Whisk again till light and fluffy
* Strawberry Conserve
* 100g strawberry
* 50g sugar
* Few drops lemon juice
* Chop the strawberry
* Add strawberry and sugar in a heavy bottom pan
* Cook till it looks like a jam
* Finish with lemon juice
* Spread the strawberry conserve on the pancake.
* Top with the cheese frosting
* Finish with some chopped strawberry and mint leaves for garnish
Panzanella by Café Delhi Heights
- 4 cups fresh focaccia bread, cut into 2-inch chunks
- 6 large tomatoes, cut into large dices
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp finely chopped garlic
- 1 large green zucchini, cut into large dices
- 1 large yellow zucchini, cut into large dices
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into large dices
- 8-10 french beans, strung and cut into large pieces
- 2 tbsp parmesan, grated
- 4-5 sprigs fresh basil, torn into pieces
- Place the bread chunks into a large salad bowl and top with tomatoes. Season with salt, pepper and lime juice and keep aside for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a frying pan over medium-high flame and add garlic.
- When the garlic is very fragrant, add the green and yellow zucchini with carrots and saute till slightly tender and charred.
- Add the beans and toss well. Season with salt and pepper. When the beans are slightly tender, add the vegetables to the salad bowl.
- Sprinkle over with the Parmesan and basil, and toss well. Serve immediately.
Red Velvet (by Dessert Connoisseur, Chef Kamaljeet from Howard Johnson Bengaluru)
Ingredients for sponges:
* Butter – 180 gm
* Sugar – 280 gm
* Flour 280 grm Baking soda 10 gm
* Red colour 4 gm
* Butter milk 200 ml
* Vinegar 4 ml
* Egg- 4
Stuffing for Cheese cake:
* Cheese mascarpone: 170 gm
* Cream – 100 gm
* Whipped cream – 100 gm
* Milk made – 50 ml
* Gelatin – 10 gm
* White chocolate compound – 50 gm
- To make the sponges mix all the ingredients & put it for baking at 160C for 40 mins.
- To make cream truffle warm the fresh cream with chocolate.
- Mix gelatin with warm water and keep a side.
- Folded with the chocolate mix with gelatin & cheese.
- Folded with the whipped cream for the stuffing of alternative three layers.
- Cut into different shape & serve.
Once the sponge in made, let it get cool. The cut into slice.
Happy Game Day!