- Iconic Ecto-1 car from new Ghostbusters film on show at ODEON Leicester Square cinema for four days only
- The car, which weighs 3 ton, was lifted into iconic cinema this morning with specialists needing to remove the doors of the cinema to fit the vehicle
- Advance booking for Ghostbusters is now available at ODEON Cinemas and ODEON.co.uk
“Who you gonna call?”
The Ecto-1 car from the newest Ghostbusters movie has been unveiled today at ODEON Leicester Square ahead of the long-awaited reboot hitting cinemas in July.
ODEON – Europe’s largest cinema chain – will be giving fans a chance to celebrate the return of Ghostbusters by getting up close and personal with the famous car until Sunday 26 June.
The original 1959 Cadillac ambulance has been upgraded to a 1980’s Cadillac Fleetwood Station Wagon for the new film, which stars Melissa McCarthy and Kristen Wiig. The car parked in Central London is a like-for-like copy of the one used during filming of the latest Ghostbusters film.
The Ecto-1 will be parked at ODEON Leicester Square for four days and is expected to attract thousands of Ghostbusters fans to the cinema.
Guests visiting ODEON Leicester Square are encouraged to share their snaps using #Ghostbusters while visiting to pre-book their tickets ahead of the film’s release on Monday 11 July.
QUICK FIRE FACTS ABOUT THE ECTO-1:
- – In the original concepts, the Ecto-1 even had the ability to dematerialize
- Only one car was used during filming of the first movie
- During filming for Ghostbusters II, the car was in such bad shape it broke down on the middle of Brooklyn Bridge
- The car weighs a total of 3 ton (the equivalent of one very heavy hippopotamus!)
Andy Edge, Commercial Director at ODEON UK & Ireland, said: “The long-awaited release of Ghostbusters promises to be one of this summer’s biggest hits. Parking the Ecto-1 here at ODEON Leicester Square is the perfect way for us to share the excitement with fans ahead of the big release.”
He continued: “The Ecto-1 is an iconic car and it’ll parked in an iconic cinema for the next few days, we can’t wait to welcome guests young and old to ODEON Leicester Square.”
ODEON Leicester Square, Europe’s largest cinema auditorium, will be showing Ghostbusters from Monday 11 July. Tickets are available to pre-book now at ODEON cinemas across the UK and at ODEON.co.uk.
Guests pre-booking tickets with ODEON can also be in with a chance to win a trip to New York, whilst a number of other Ghostbusters goodies are also up for grabs online: