Liberia confirms second Ebola death as disease resurfaces

Liberia confirms second Ebola death as disease resurfaces

SHARE
Photo of medical teams during the Ebola crisis in Liberia, August 2014.

Liberia’s deputy health minister says that a second person has died from Ebola in the latest resurgence of the deadly disease.

Tolbert Nyenswah said the woman in her early 20s, who died on July 12, was linked to the 17-year-old boy who died last month.

Three other confirmed cases are being treated in Monrovia.

He said some of the more than 120 people under observation in Nedowein, south east of Monrovia, could be discharged once they complete 21 days of quarantine and show no signs of infection.

Liberia lost more than 4,800 lives to Ebola before it contained transmission in May. These are the first known cases since then. The World Health Organisation says the new cases are unlikely to be linked to travel.

Advertisements

NO COMMENTS

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.