Don’t we all love vegetarian cooking? This National Vegetarian week say hello to meat-free recipes. Some of the vegetarian options are full of flavour, texture, colour and satisfying so you won’t feel like you’re missing out on anything at all. Summertime is apt for going vegetarian with plant based ingredients thrown in as you feel lighter when you eat vegetarian meals. Vegetables are an essential part of our daily diet, be it your breakfast, lunch, dinner or outdoor time, prepare and pack in a few vegetarian treats for your kith ‘n’ kin. Here are a few meatless recipes to give you a chance and inspire you to go vegetarian this week.
Healthy Vegetable Salad Recipe by Expert Chef Zeb Fatima
If you want to lose weight then salads should definitely be the major part of your diet. Here is a healthy and yummy salad recipe which will not just satisfy your taste buds but also help you shed that extra kilos. This recipe is high in proteins and low in carbs, fats and calories.
* Shredded Cabbage 2 Cups
* Soya granules (Boiled) 1 cup
* American Corn 1/2 cup
* Pomegranate 1/2 cup
* Salt & Pepper to Taste
* Olive Oil- 2Tsp
* Lemon Juice- 1 Tbsp
* In a bowl mix all the ingredients except olive oil and lemon juice.
* Add the dressing and toss well
* Tips: You can add nuts if you want to make your salad more crunchy. They will also add more protein to the salad.
Spinach Paneer Burger
- Paneer 200g
- Burger Buns 4
- Green Chillies 2
- Butter 2 tbsp
- Onion 1
- Crushed Black Peppercorns 1 tsp
- Asafoetida ¼ tsp
- Red Chilly Powder 1 tsp
- Fresh Mint Sprig 12-15
- Fresh Coriander Sprig 12-15
- Potatoes Peeled & Grated 2
- Spinach 1 Bunch boiled & pureed
- Breadcrumbs ¼ cup
- Honey 1 tsp
- Tomatoes 2
- Mayonnaise as required
- Salt To Taste
- Tomato Ketchup as required
- Iceberg lettuce leaves 8-9
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Olive oil 1 teaspoon
- Black olives pitted 5-6
- French fries for serving
- Chop green chillies and put in a bowl. Heat 1 tbsp butter in a non-stick pan.
- Cut onion into thick slices and put in the pan.
- Add ¼ tsp crushed peppercorns and salt and let the onions caramelize.
- Remove onions from the pan.
- Add chopped green chillies in the same pan and sauté for a while.
- Add asafoetida and 1 tsp red chilli powder.
- Mix well and add green peas, spinach and toss well.
- Sauté for 2 minutes and transfer peas mixture into a bowl. Cool to room temperature.
- Finely chop mint and coriander sprigs and add to green peas. Mix well. Add potatoes.
- Grate cottage cheese in the bowl and add breadcrumbs, honey and mix well.
- Add salt, ¼ tsp crushed peppercorns and mix well. Divide the mixture into equal portions and shape them into patties.
- Heat 1 tsp butter in a non-stick grill pan. Place patties in it and shallow-fry till golden from both sides.
- Cut a burger bun into halves horizontally and toast them in the same pan. Cut 1 tomato into thin slices.
- Spread a tablespoon of mayonnaise and tomato ketchup on both toasted bun halves. Place 4-5 lettuce leaves on the base half and put 3-4 tomato slices on top.
- Put some caramelized onion on top alongwith a patty. Top with some more caramelized onion, 2-3 tomato slices and cover with the upper bun half.
- Place on a serving plate. Prepare remaining burgers similarly. Cut remaining tomato into wedges and place in a bowl.
- Add salt, remaining crushed peppercorns, remaining torn lettuce leaves, lemon juice and olive oil. Mix well and add broken black olives and toss again.
- Place the prepared salad on the serving plate along the burger. Add salt and a pinch red chilli powder to French fries and put them on the serving plate. Serve immediately.