It’s Father’s Day today, it’s time to indulge your dad’s sweet tooth and touch his heart with one of these delicious dessert recipes. They say the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach, and Dad is no exception. We have got your some cute and easy dessert recipes, whether it is a summery frozen treat or a fancy cake perfect for a day spent out with your daddy dearest or a family reunion with dad! Here are great ways to thank your day, ways your dad will adore! Read on to find out some sweet dish ideas, as no ordinary desserts will do.
‘Flower Basket’ Strawberry Cake with Marzipan Flowers
For the Sponge Cake:
* Eggs: 4 no
* Sugar: 125g
* Flour: 125g
* Melted butter: 50ml
* Whisk the egg and the sugar until the ribbon consistency. Fold in the sieved flour. Add the melted butter. Bake at 200C for 20 minutes until golden and spongy.
For the Pastry Cream:
* Milk: 500ml
* Sugar: 250g
* Eggs: 4
* Flour: 70gm
* Soft unsalted butter: 250gm
* Vanilla essence: 5ml
* Cherry Liquor: 20ml.
* Heat the milk and the sugar together, mix the egg and the flour separately, add into the hot milk and whisk continuously until thick. Cool a bit, and then add the soft butter, cherry liquor and vanilla essence.
Other Ingredients Required:
* Fresh Strawberries: 250g, hulled and chopped
* Sugar Syrup: 50ml
* Marzipan: 500gms coloured in different colours.
* Cut the sponge into thin slices. Layer one on top of the other sprinkling with sugar syrup and layering with the prepared pastry cream. Chill and cut into a basket shape.
* Take a ribbed basket weave nozzle(no.47) and decorate the cake in criss- cross shape with the remaining pastry cream so as to resemble as basket.
* Take the marzipan and make different coloured flowers. Decorate the top of the cake as required. The basket handle can be made out of a satin ribbon covered bamboo twig.
Gelato – Fig and Caribbean rum (By The Park Hotel, Bangalore)
* Fresh Figs
* Caribbean rum/white rum
* White sugar powder
* Fresh Cream
* Cook fresh figs with honey on fire, until figs melt. Keep it aside to cool.
* In a separate pan boil fresh cream with white sugar powder, keep it aside to cool once boiled.
* Add the mixture of cooked figs with honey to the mixture of fresh cream.
* Add Caribbean/white rum to the above mixture. Churn the mixture for 25 minutes or until thickness and keep it in deep freezer for couple of hours.
Chocolate Fudge with toasted hazelnuts (By Flurys, Kolkata)
Ingredients (for 5 portions):
* 150 grams hazelnuts, toasted, skinned, and chopped
* I can sweetened condensed milk
* 500 grams semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
* 30 grams butter
* 10ml teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1.Chocolate Fudge: First line the bottom and sides of pan /tray
2.Combine the condensed milk, chopped chocolate, and butter in a stainless steel bowl and place over a saucepan of simmering water. Melt the chocolate mixture, stirring frequently, making sure the mixture doesn’t get too hot or the fudge may be grainy. Stir until smooth (it will be very thick). Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla extract and chopped nuts.
3.Spread the fudge into the prepared pan, smoothing the top with an offset spatula. Let it stand at room temperature until it cools. Then carefully remove the fudge from the pan by lifting the edges of the foil. With a long, sharp knife, cut the fudge into pieces. Refrigerate before serving.
Happy Father’s Day all!