Face it, February can be rough. Eat well to make it better! Folks, if you are looking for family friendly recipes for fussy eaters at home? Just in time for the dinner frenzy at home? Look no further, we have got you amazing recipes to try and solve your dilemma. With fish, tons of colourful veggies and herbs, here’s a good way of incorporating the nutritious gems to your family’s mealtime. And did we mean they are super easy to make?
Executive Chef Abdul Kalam, Bottles & Barrels gives us three delicious meal time recipes to whip up in an hour.
BEER BATTER FISH FINGERS
Deep fried fish fingers fillet of river sole basted in herbs and beer.
(Duration – 10-15 mins)
* River sole cut to finger 300g
* Garlic pest 1 tsp
* Salt to taste
* Lime juice 1/8 cup
* Beer 3/2 cup
* Flour 1 cup
* Cornflour ¼ cup
* White paper 1 tsp
* Egg 2
* English Mustard 1/2 tsp
- Combine floor to all the ingredients.
- Stir egg into dry ingredients and mix in beer until a thin batter is formed. You should be able to see the fish through the batter after it was been dipped for half an hour.
- Heat oil in deep fryer to 365 f (185′) dip fish fingers into the batter then drop one at a time into hot oil fry fish turning once until both sides are golden brown.
- Drain on towel pepper and served with tarter sauce.
GRILLED VEG LASAGNA
(Preparation time 35 to 40 minutes)
Chopped garlic – 1 tbsp
Zucchini green – ¼ cup
Zucchini yellow – ¼ cup
Broccoli – ¼ cup
Asparagus stick – 1 or 2
Snow Peas – 3 to 4
All vegetables chopped Lasagna sheet – 3
Mascarpone cheese – 1/8 cup
Cooking cream – 1/4 cup
Parmesan cheese – 1 tbsp
Mozzarella cheese – 1/3 cup
* Butter – 1/3 cup
* All purpose flour – 1/2 cup
* Salt – 1 tsp
* Nutmeg powder – 1/2 tsp
* Milk – 1 cup
White Sauce Preparation:
* Heat the butter in one quart saucepan over low heat until melted.
* Stir in flour and nutmeg.
* Cook over low heat stirring constantly until it forms bubble.
* Remove from heat and stir in milk.
* Heat to boiling, stirring constantly boil and stir for a minute.
* Cover and keep warm (if sauce thickness add small amount of milk).
Preparation of lasagna
* Cook lasagna sheet to designed done as directed on package.
* Drain rinse with hot water.
* Heat oven to 280 degrees.
* Spray medium nonstick skillet with nonstick spray.
* Heat over medium high heat until hot.
* Add all vegetables and garlic cook, stir for 1 minute finally add water.
* Cover and cook for 3 to 4 minutes until it gets crisp tender.
* In the 10×8 inch baking dish, layer half of lasagna sheet, half of sauce, half of all vegetables mixture and half of mascarpone cheese mixture.
* Repeat layers sprinkle with Mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese.
* Bake at 280 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes until hot and bubbly.
* Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
GREEK VEGGIES PIZZA
(Duration – 25 mins)
For pizza base:
* Pizza flour – 1 cup
* Yeast – ½ tsp
* Salt – ½ tsp
* Water – ¼ cup
* Sugar – 1 tsp
* Olive oil – 1 tbsp
For pizza topping:
* Pizza sauce – ½ cup
* Pizza cheese – 2/3rd cup
* Chilly flacks – ½ tsp
* Fresh oregano – ½ tsp
* Avocado – 1/4th
* Zucchini green/yellow – 40g
* Bell pepper red/yellow – ½ + ½
* Mushroom – 4
* Black olive – 2
* Green olive – 2
- Pre heat the oven to the maximum temperature and defrost the cheese.
- Meanwhile you can prepare the dough for base. Dissolve yeast in a lukewarm water.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl. Add salt and Pizza flour to it and make a loose dough.
- Knead for 10 minutes to smooth the dough. If it’s sticky. You can sprinkle some more floor and knead. Keep it covered in a counter top.
- Cut a baking sheet to square place the dough over it. Roll thinly like a (roti).
- Dust with flour. Using a back of a board spoon spread the pizza sauce.
- Spread the chopped veggies and sprinkle cheese over it, sprinkle the Italian seasoning transfer by pulling this pepper over a baking tray carefully.
- Bake for 5 minutes since it will be half done. You will now be able to transfer the pizza from pepper to the baking tray. Continue baking for 10 minutes or until the side and cheese become golden.
- Cool the oven and cut the sauce and served hot.
So what’s for dinner at your house?