Looking for vegetarian mushroom based recipes? We have got you sorted! Expert Chef Pallavi Nigam Sahay gives us two wonderful mushroom based recipes to enjoy this season.
Pasta in quick Mushroom Sauce
* For 1 person
- Pasta 200g
- Onion chopped 1
- Garlic chopped 1 tsp
- Mushroom, finely chopped 200g
- Chopped tinned tomatoes 1
- Chili flakes 1 tsp
- Grated parmesan 1 tbsp
- Olive oil 1 tsp
- Butter 1 tbsp
- Boil the pasta in salted boiling water.
- Heat oil in a pan and saute onion till pink, then add garlic, chili flakes.
- Add finely chopped mushroom, season properly, saute till brown and cooked.
- Add tomatoes, some pasta water(water in which pasta is boiled, it’s starchy and helps to make a nice sauce) reduce for 3-4 minutes.
- Toss in the pasta and butter, season.
- To serve, drizzle olive oil and top with some grated parmesan.
- Arborio rice 100g
- ¼ of Onion chopped
- 2 inch piece of Celery chopped
- 2 inch piece of carrot chopped
- Finely chopped garlic ½ tsp
- Mushrooms,finely chopped 7-8
- Veg or chicken stock 2 cups
- Parmesan cheese 4tbsp
- Butter 2 tbsp
- Oil 2 tbsp
- Salt and pepper
- For the Risotto, heat oil in a pan, fry the onion, carrot and celery. Season it lightly, Add the garlic. Now add the chopped mushrooms, saute till softened up.
- Now add the Arborio rice and toast it in the pan for few minutes.
- Now add the little stock, mix properly, let the stock get evaporated. Then again add little bit of stock. Keep on adding, little stock at a time, till rice is cooked.
- Now add butter and parmesan to it, mix till butter is nicely melted.