This dessert is so perfect for Valentine’s week for the whole family. It feels and looks fancy, but it is super easy to bake up! Valentine’s week is the perfect time to go all out with your desserts. We’ve rounded up a few favorite romantic desserts from our expert Senior Chef- Amit Chakroborti, Banjara restaurant, Pune.
RED VELVET CAKE
- Cake Flour 3 cups
- Sugar 1 ¾ cup
- Cocoa Powder 3 tbsp
- Baking powder 1 tsp
- Baking soda 1tsp
- Salt ¼ tsp
- Butter cut into cubes ½ cup
- Eggs 3 nos
- Buttermilk 1 cup
- Oil ¾ cup
- Beetroot (for coloring) 1no
- Vanilla essence 1 tsp
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- Cream Cheese ½ cup.
- Butter softened 1 ½ cup
- Powdered Sugar 1 ½ cups
- Vanilla Essence 1 tsp
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Generously grease and flour cake pans. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar and vegetable oil.
- Mix in the eggs, buttermilk, vanilla and beetroot juice until combined Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Combine the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients a little at a time, mixing after each addition, just until combined. Batter would be little thin. Pour the batter evenly into pan
- Bake it for 30-35 minutes and let it cool
- Fill and frost cake, frosting between layers.
- Butter melted 1 cup
- Vegetable oil 30ml
- White sugar 1 1/4 cups
- Brown sugar 1 cup
- Eggs 4 nos
- Vanilla essence 1 tbsp
- Salt 3/4 teaspoon
- All-purpose flour 1 cup
- Cocoa powder 1 cup
- Chocolate chips 200g
- Preheat oven to 175°C | 350°F.
- Grease an 8×12-inch square baking pan with cooking oil. set aside.
- Combine melted butter, oil and sugars together in a bowl. Whisk well to combine. Add the eggs and vanilla; beat until lighter in color
- Sieve in flour, cocoa powder and salt. Gently fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until combined
- Fold in 3/4 of the chocolate pieces.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, smoothing the top out evenly, and top with remaining chocolate pieces.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Test with a toothpick, the brownie will stick to tooth pick
- After 10 minutes, carefully remove them out of the pan and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Cut it in heart shape and garnish it with chocolate drops