Summer is the time for all things strawberries, and we couldn’t be more delighted. Enjoy the great taste of intense ripe strawberry flavor with hints of fresh green notes and dark berries, all without worrying about calories. Fresh strawberries steal the spotlight in these desserts, folded into sobet, churned into yogurt, or simply sprinkled on top with a dab of whipped cream in a drink. Strawberries have anti-oxidants which are great for health. Expert Chef Rakhee Vaswani gives us three amazing strawberry recipes to delight us this summer.
Strawberry & Mint Sorbet
* 1 Cup Hershey’s Strawberry Syrup
* 3-4 Cup Ice
* 1/8 tsp Pink Himalayan Salt
* 3 tbsp freshly squeezed orange juice
* Fresh Mint For garnish
Method: Blend all of the above Ingredient. Pour the mixture in an air tight container and cover with a cling wrap and freeze it in a freezer for 4-5 hours. Scoop & Serve with a fresh sprig of Mint.
Chickpea Minty Strawberry Yoghurt
- Creamy yoghurt – 1 cup
- Salt to taste
- Mint and green chilles – 1 tsp chopped
- Fried garlic – 1 tsp
- Chickpea – ½ cup
- Boiled Mixed Sprouts – ½ cup
- Hershey’s Strawberry syrup – 2tbsp
- Pomegranate – 2tbsp
- Chat Masala- 1 tsp
- Chickpea lentil – 2-3 tsp
- Sev – As required
1. In a Bowl, Whisk the yoghurt with strawberry syrup, season well with salt and add mint and chillies, sprouts, chickpea.
2. In a serving bowl, add the yoghurt & Chickpea mixture. Sprinkle some chickpea lentil, chaat masala, pomegranate & some sev, chilli powder on top and serve.
Strawberry Daiquiri (Mocktail)
* 3-4 tbsp Hershey’s strawberry syrup
* 1 Lemon (juiced)
* 2 cups soda, plain or strawberry flavored
* 2 cups crushed ice
* Cherries to drop in
Method: Fill a blender with ice. Add the syrup, lemon juice, soda and blend well. Pour it in a glass. Drop in some cherries and serve chilled.