If you are a working professional and a sucker for comfort food for breakfast and snack time, these ones are just made for you! And this holiday season, don’t forget to take these quick treats to family vacations or carefree camping under the stars! Bake a batch of some chewy and crunchy cornflake slices and add a dose of chocolate to take the treat to a whole new level. Or give a mouthwatering makeover to your muffins in the morning just before you hit office! Can you feel the serotonin releasing already? A sinful delight you surely can’t miss and it just doesn’t get better than this!
Celebrity Chef Rakhee Vasvani, gives us two delightful recipes to make our breakfast and snack time fun.
Chocolate Cornflakes Slice
This is a perfect and quick way to ensure that your little one eats cornflakes for breakfast. Also it is great for tiffins and even to eat at snack time.
Preparation Time – 5 min
Baking Time – 15 min
Temperature – 170ºC
Serving – 10
- Desiccated coconut – 22.5 g
- Demerara Brown sugar – 87.5 g
- Flour – 112.5 g
- Corn flakes – 40 g
- Coco chips – 45 g
- Butter (melted) – 62.5 g
- Egg – ½
- White Chocolate melted – 25g
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
1 .In a bowl mix the flour, coconut, sugar, cornflakes, chips
2. In another bowl mix the butter & egg
3. Add the flour mixture
4. Pour it in a lined & greased tin – 9x3inch loaf tin
5. Bake @170 deg for 15mins
6. Cool on a cooling rack
7. Cut thick slice & drizzle melted chocolate
Chefs Tip – You could do this with the help of a piping bag or use a fork to drizzle.
Strawberry Muffin Pudding
* Leftover muffin – 6 Strawberry – a Handfull sliced.
* Vanilla Custard – Ready 250ml (As per Packet Instructions)
* Brown Sugar – 2-3tbsp Butter – 50g
* Mixed Nuts – Handfull (Almonds, Raisins & Cranberry)
1. Butter an oven prove dish and break the muffin into smaller pieces and lay into the dish.
2. Pour the custard and sprinkle the strawberries and dry-fruits. Lastly sprinkle brown sugar and dollops of butter all over.
3. Bake in a preheated oven for 15-20 mins or till browned well.
Chefs Tip – Make sure the custard is sweetened and of pouring consistency. Use any leftover muffin, banana or blueberry or even a classic vanilla.
For a healthier twist – sprinkle oats on top and bake. This dish resembles a bread butter pudding only better with the strawberry juices running all over and making it even more tempting. Serve with a dollop of Ice cream.