What better way to celebrate the spirit of womanhood, than by preparing some magical recipes for the women in your life or by calling your gal pals home this weekend for a guaranteed good time. Melt-in-mouth pudding, smoothie and croquettes with good-for-you ingredients hence if by any chance you’re secretly hoping for leftovers, these recipe is not for you!
We promise you’ll never hit those fancy restaurants again once you make these delightful recipes at home. Fresh, flavoursome and right in the comfort of your homes! Here are some recipes by Chef Swasti Aggarwal Food Strategist, Foodhall India.
CHOCOLATE AVOCADO CHIA PUDDING
Cook Time: 10 mins
Difficulty: Easy Serves: 2
- Avocados, very ripe ; 2
- Organic honey (or maple syrup) ; 1/3 cup
- Cocoa powder ; 1/3 cup
- Extra virgin coconut oil; 3 tbsp
- Vanilla extract;1 tsp
- Chia seeds; 1/2 teaspoon
- Combine all ingredients other than the chia seeds in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Divide pudding among ramekins or cups and mix in the chia and refrigerate for at least a couple pf hours.
- Sprinkle with chopped almonds and walnuts before serving.
- Indulge in a vegan dessert that is delicious and guiltfree.
COYO MATCHA SMOOTHIE
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Difficulty: Easy Serves: 1
- Coconut, fresh, grated; 2 tsp
- Banana, medium; 1 , ripe
- Coconut Yogurt;4 tbsp
- Almond Milk; 1 cup
- Dates, chopped ; 2 tbsp
- Matcha Green Tea; 2 tsp
- Freeze 1 sliced banana overnight and blend it with almond milk and seedless dates in a blender.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the blender, pulse on high and serve immidiately!
- Your super healthy vegan breakfast is ready!
- This smoothie is dairy free, sugar free and vegan.
WASABI POTATO CROQUETTE WITH JAPANESE MAYO
Cook Time: 30 mins
Difficulty: Moderate Serves: 2
- Boiled Potato, mashed ;1 cup
- Eggs; 1 for filling and 1 for coating
- Shredded mozzarella cheese; 1/2 cup
- Wasabi powder; 1 tbsp
- Refined purpose flour; 1/4 cup
- Bread crumbs; 1/4 cup
- Extra-virgin olive oil ; 2 tbsp
- Fresh parsley, minced; 1 tbsp
- Onion, finely chopped; 1 tsp
- Garlic, minced; 1/2 tsp
- Salt & Crushed pepper; to taste
- Spicy Japanese Mayo; to serve
- Boil potatoes until soft, drain.
- Mash potatoes with milk, Wasabi Powder, corn and onion, season with salt and pepper.
- Divide mixture into 12 portions, shape.
- Coat with flour, egg and breadcrumbs, repeat. Heat oil to 180˚C, deep fry until golden brown.
- Place on kitchen paper to absorb excess oil. Serve with Japanese mayonnaise.
- A Japanese twist to your favourite comfort food.
HAPPY WOMEN’S WEEK!