If you are still looking for smart desserts and laid-back recipes for entertaining over the Easter break or Easter week, we’ve got you covered! Also if you have people staying with you over the Easter days, these cake recipes are on-point to have in a tin or under a glass dome, looking perfectly welcoming in your kitchen.
Chef Raghu Nandan, Pastry Chef, Academy of Pastry Arts gives us delightful recipes to mesmerize your guests this festive season.
- Sultanas 350g
- Currants 350g
- Raisins 350g
- Glaced Cherries 110g
- Candied Peel 110g
- Skinned Whole Almonds 55g
- Lemon Zest: 1
- Orange Zest: 1
- Butter 225g
- Brown Sugar 225g
- Eggs: 6
- Refined Cake Flour 285g
- Mixed Spice 5g
- Grated Apple: 1
- Marzipan (Almond Paste) 400g
- Line the base and sides of a 9-inch round cake tin with brown paper.
- Mix the dried fruit and nuts, ground almond, zest, and leave for 1hr.
- Cream the butter until it gets soft and add the sugar. Beat until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one by one.
- Mix the spice with the flour and fold in gently.
- Combine the grated apple and the fruit and stir gently but thoroughly into the cake mixture. Don’t over mix it!
- Put half of the cake mixture into the prepared tin.
- Roll out half the marzipan to 8½-inch round, place this on top of the cake.
- Bake at the 170Cº for 25-30 mins.
- Let cool on wire racks. Then when reached room temperature, roll out remaining marzipan and decorate.
Orange and Chocolate Travel Cake
- Beaten Eggs 250g
- Sugar 125g
- Orange Zest 2g
- Honey 75g
- Ground Almonds 75g
- Flour 120g
- Cocoa Powder 25g
- Baking Powder 8g
- Anchor Whip Cream 120g
- Anchor Butter 75g
- Melted Couverture 50g
- Mix eggs with sugar, orange zest.
- Add in the honey and ground almonds.
- Add in the siftened flour with cocoa powder, baking powder.
- Mix the cream room temperature.
- Melt butter and Couverture Chocolate , emulsify with part of the recipe (also known as tempering).
- Mix everything. Cast in molds, pipe one line of butter, and rest 2 hours.
- Bake 140C for 45 minutes.
- After baking straight soak in a syrup with orange juice and honey.