It’s spring time and we are in the middle of Easter break, this calls for some healthy and tasty preparations at home.
The arrival of spring is always a welcome event, however this year, its approach feels even more deserving of celebration. In preparation for warmer weather, bright blooms and picnics on the horizon, you should make these spring dishes which scream ‘Spring is here’!
Dietitian Tarika Chauhan, gives us two easy recipes to experiment with this spring season.
Lamb Chops with Cauliflower
- 450 g cauliflower, coarsely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter (for cauliflower)
- 2 tbsp butter (for lamb chops)
- 450 g lamb chops
- 4 tbsp red curry paste
- Place the cauliflower pieces in a large cooking pot. Add water until all the cauliflower is submerged and season with a little salt.
- Add the olive oil to the pot. Put the pot over the heat and cook, uncovered, for about 7 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender.
- Meanwhile, rub the curry paste into the lamb chops, making sure that they are completely coated.
- Drain the water from the pot containing the cauliflower.
- Return the cauliflower to the pot over low heat, add 2 tbsp of butter and blend to a thick pulp. Season with black pepper and salt.
- Fry the lamb chops for 1 1/2 minutes on each side in plenty of butter (2 tbsp) or olive oil.
Low carb Sushi
- 200 g salmon, boneless fillets
- 5 nori sheets
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 lime
- Slice the fish into five long, thick strips.
- Brush the nori sheets with water. Lay them flat on your work surface and roll a fish strip in each of them. Let sit for a few minutes.
- Cut the rolls into small pieces.
- In a small bowl, mix olive oil, lime, and sesame seeds.
- Serve the sashimi with the sauce.