Summer is a fun season, complete with sun-flushed cheeks, rejuvenating sun baths or park visits, and of course an explosion of fruit. However, the flip side is dehydration, sun damage, stinky or sticky skin. Here are some holistic ways to address summer skin issues from inside out!
Top serious skin saviours
● Indulge in fenugreek! This plant has the amazing ability to make your sweat smell like syrup. Get benefits by eating the sprouted fenugreek seeds. To sprout, soak seeds in water overnight, or for about eight hours. Drain out the water, then rinse and drain seeds once or twice a day, for three days. Sprouts can be thrown in a salad, added to a sandwich, or even eaten alone.
● Antioxidants in fresh squeezed juice help protect from environmental stressors. You need more antioxidants when you spend time in the sun, in the season of fresh produce! Summer brings an abundance of fruits and veggies, so take advantage and buy what’s fresh. Include green juices, infused water and smoothies to your diet.
● Mix chia seeds with green tea or nut milk, coconut water add honey and let this face mask sit for about 20 minutes. Rinse the skin with warm water. Drink the remaining concoction for a fresh feel. Hello youthful summer skin!
● Mix ripe avocado, yogurt and honey. Apply the mask on the skin, until it dries out. This mask helps from inflammation and sun damage. The summer radiance secret is out of the bag!
● Mix fresh aloe vera gel, fresh carrot juice, cucumber juice and home made rose water. Store this concoction in a bottle and spritz your face with this toner-mist every few hours for a dewy glow.
● Mash up banana in a bowl, and then add honey and lemon juice. If you are using oats as well, add them in and let the mixture sit for 10 minutes before you apply. Use this mask on clean skin, and let it soak in for 15-20 minutes before washing it off.
● While you are busy soaking in the sun at the park or your garden, with fresh basket of fruits. Don’t forget to apply some papaya, or grape juice or watermelon on your face before you polish off your fruit plate. All work well to hydrate you inside and take the skin issues away.
● Don’t forget the soaked rice water or cooked and cooled rice water for your skin. It’s the ultimate skin brightening agent.
Skin care tips for summer season by Dr. Blossom Kochhar below:
Summer is not an easy time for your skin. Summer is the time you want to go out and enjoy the sun with your dear ones. Summer means lots of out-of-doors time. It is a beautiful time to spend some quality time with your family. In the warm summers, your skin deserves special attention as exposure to sunlight damages the skin in many ways making it dull, dry, and tanned.
Some of the common skin complaints raised during the summer are acne, oily skin, sun tan, sunburn and heat rashes, enlarged pores, under eye dryness. Hence, it is very important to take extra care of your skin during the summer season.
How can one take care of one’s skin at home?
Aloe Vera – After a long day in scorching heat, applying aloe vera gel on your skin helps to soothe and cool off your skin. It acts as an antioxidant and protects your skin from damage and other skin related problems. Add this in your daily night regimen for better results.
Keep your skin hydrated – Make sure you drink 10-12 glasses of water every day to keep your body and skin hydrated. Water helps in achieving that permanent glow, removes toxins and enhances well-being. Apart from this, try and keep an overnight pack on your skin. For example, the hydrated seaweed gel helps in leaving your skin with the much-needed hydration.
Exfoliate – Exfoliating your skin in order to keep it rejuvenated all the time is as important as keeping your skin hydrated. It helps removing dead cells, increasing blood circulation, which in turn helps achieving glowing skin. You can use exfoliation gels or face scrubs for the same. You can make one at home, take 1 teaspoon of rice flour, add 1 teaspoon of aloe vera gel, pinch of salt and 2 teaspoon yoghurt. Mix this into a paste & apply it for 5 mins and then scrub the dead skin off.
Tomato puree – It works gently on skin and is beneficial in removing tan from the skin. Besides replenishing the skin with oils, it evens the skin tone, and helps in making the dry skin bright and glowing. It can also be applied to hair for that extra shine and can protect hair from sun damage.
Skin Lightening Recipe
Take a lime and cut it into two. Rub one half on the face gently. Squeeze the other half in a cup of water, add a little bit of rock salt and drink it. Do it for 6-8 weeks regularly and observe the remarkable improvement. This lightens and clears the skin.
Mix one tablespoon oatmeal powdered with little yogurt to make a paste. Add the juice of cucumber or grapes into the paste. Massage this pack into the tanned areas and leave for 30 minutes. Rinse off and apply moisturiser mixed with 2-3 drops of lavender essential oil.
Cucumber Overnight Brightness Pack
Things required to make the pack:
● Firstly, take out the cucumber juice by using a mixer. Now add rosewater and glycerine in equal quantities to the cucumber juice. Make sure that the paste should neither be thin nor too thick.
● Now apply it over your face at night before going to sleep.
● In the morning, wash your face with clean water and pat dry. After some days you will see amazing change in the complexion of your skin.”
Try these useful tips and tricks, thank us later!