Have some time on your hands at home or stuck at home? Dine out or eat in during the coronavirus crisis? With all the diseases and viruses doing the rounds it is safe to indulge in some everyday cooking. Well it obviously makes sense to cook and eat at home. Just a great excuse to spend all day tinkering in the kitchen. Here are some recipes that would make for a fun and eventually delicious project.
Demi Chef, Upendra Singh, from Amatra Dunsvirk Court give us two mouthwatering dishes to prepare at home.
Grilled Chicken With Beetroot Mash Potato
• 1/3 cup oil olive oil or vegetable oil
• 1/4 cup cider vinegar (or red wine vinegar)
• 2 tbsp dijon mustard
• 3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
• 2 tbsp lemon juice
• 1 tbsp salt
• 1 tbsp pepper
• 1 tsp garlic powder
• 1 tbsp sugar
• 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
How to make:
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl or freezer bag. Add chicken and toss well to combine.
- Marinade for a 30 minutes (or up to 4 hours) before cooking chicken.
- Preheat grill to medium high heat.
- Place chicken on the grill for 7-8 minutes. Flip over and cook an additional 7-8 minutes or until no pink remains and chicken reaches 165°F.
- Rest 3-5 minutes before slicing.
- Served With Beetrot Mash Potato.
ADC BURANSHI CHICKEN CHARCOAL
• 750g chicken
• ½ tsp ginger paste
• ½ tsp red chilli powder
• 1/4 tsp cumin powder
• 1/4 tsp salt
• ½ cup hung curd
• ½ tsp garlic paste
• 1/4 tsp coriander powder
• 1/4 tsp powdered black pepper
• 1 tsp garam masala powder
• ½ cup Buransh pure
How to make:
- To prepare this easy chicken recipe, wash the chicken and prick it with a fork. Now, in a large bowl, combine hung curd, ginger paste, garlic paste, red chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, black pepper,buransh, salt and garam masala. Stir all the ingredients until well blended.
- Now add the chicken and apply the masala mixture all around it. Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours or up to 24 hours. Once done, preheat the oven at 190 degree Celsius. Remove chicken from marinade and place it on a grilling tray. Grill it for 1 hour, turning it in between. Check the chicken when it’s fully cooked. Serve it with salad, Vegetables.