What should I bring? Are you running short of ideas? We have got you some crowd-pleasing desserts which travel well and are simple to serve. These are the perfect summer desserts for a crowd! Ideas for serving a crowd at any party or gathering, reunion, picnic, potluck or just a delicious, easy summer dessert for your family! Expert Chef Harpal Singh Sokhi gives us two amazing recipes to finish your party menu off right.
* 2 cups plain flour
* 1/2 cup oil to deep fry
* 250 gms dark chocolate
* 1 cup fresh cream
For Cappuccino Cream Sauce
* 1 egg yolk
* 5 tbsp sugar
* 1 cup fresh cream
* 1 tsp coffee powder
* To Serve pomegranate seeds to garnish
- Sieve flour. Rub oil into it and knead into a stiff dough using water as required. Keep covered with a damp cloth.
- Mix grated chocolate and fresh cream and keep chilled in a refrigerator.
- Divide dough into sixteen equal sized portions and roll out into oval shapes. Cut into half, fold into a cone and fill with chocolate stuffing. Seal and refrigerate.
- To make cappuccino sauce, whisk egg yolk with sugar till fluffy.
- Pour fresh cream into a pan and heat it gently. As it begins to boil, stir it into the egg mixture. Pour this back into the pan and cook on low heat, stirring continuously.
- Add instant coffee powder and continue to cook till sauce coats the back of the spoon. Remove from heat and strain. Let cool and place in freezer to chill completely.
- Heat sufficient oil in a wok and deep fry samosas on medium heat till golden and crisp. Drain onto an absorbent paper.
- Serve samosas with cappuccino cream sauce garnished with pomegranate seeds.
- This can be made using readymade samosa strips. Dampen slightly and place a portion of stuffing and fold into a samosa shape.
Rose Petal Muffin
- Refine Flour 200g
- Baking Powder 1 tsp
- Baking Soda 1 tsp
- Sugar 100g
- Melted Butter 100g
- Milk- 1 and ¼ cups
- Cardamom Powder 1 tsp
- Gulkand 50g
- Unsalted Butter 150g
- Powdered or Icing Sugar 120g
- Toned Milk 2 tbsp
- Rose Water 4 tsp
- Fresh Rose Petals for Garnish
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
Line muffin tray with muffin cases.
Sift flour, milk powder, baking powder & baking soda all together.
In a separate bowl whisk butter & sugar until fluffy, approximately for 5 minutes.
Fold the sifted flour mixture into the butter sugar adding a little at a time & using a whisk until well incorporated and ensuring there are no lumps.
Add the cardamom powder, mix well and pour the batter into the muffin cases. Fill the cups 3/4th.
Bake for 25 minutes or till a skewer or tooth pick comes out clean.
Cool on wire rack or wooden board.
Allow them to cool completely before frosting.
Scoop the center of the cupcake and fill with gulkand.
For the Frosting:
- Whisk the butter until fluffy with a hand blender.
- Add rose water and sugar a little at a time and continue to whisk until it’s well incorporated and it reaches piping consistency.
- Pipe on top of the muffins by filling the butter icing into a piping bag with desired nozzle.
- Garnish with a fresh rose petal on top.