sHealthy dips are super-quick and easy to prepare, instead of heading straight for the store bought stuff when you’re planning your mid-term break snacks, why not have a go at making your own? Not only are they healthier for you, but they are so tasty they won’t taste like a compromise. Flavor them, adjust the textures and prepare them in advance. Simply store in the fridge until you’re ready to whip them out and impress your guests!
We have two lovely, healthy dip recipes by Swasti Aggarwal Food Strategist, Foodhall India for all the school goers who are enjoying their a mid-term break snacks with accompanying dips.
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Serves: 3-4 people
- 1 avocado, cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup canned chickpeas, peeled
- 1 tbsp yoghurt
- 1 tsp tahini
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- Salt 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Pinch of paprika
- Blend everything together to make the hummus.
- Spoon into serving bowl and make a swirl using back of spoon. Drizzle some olive oil and sprinkle paprika over it.
- Serve with pita.
- Skinny Black Bean Dip Spicy and delicious, this Mexican style skinny black bean dip is the perfect healthy snack for those evening cravings.
Skinny Black Bean Dip
Spicy and delicious, this Mexican style skinny black bean dip is the perfect healthy snack for those evening cravings.
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Black beans 1 Cup
- Salt 1/2 tsp
- Crushed black pepper 1/4 tsp
- Olive oil 2 tbsp
- Onion 1 tbsp chopped
- Garlic 1/4 tsp chopped
- Cumin powder 1/2 tsp
- Paprika powder 1/2 tsp
- Green chillies 1/2 tsp
- Jalapenos 1/2 tsp
- Lemon juice 1 tbsp
- Diced tomatoes 1/2 cup, blanched
- Spring onion 2 tbsp, chopped
- Fresh coriander 1 tbsp, chopped
- Soak the black beans overnight and pressure cook with 4 whistles until soft and overcooked.
- Drain & place black beans in a medium bowl and mash roughly to get a mushy refried beans texture.
- Heat oil and sauté onion and garlic till pink and soft. Add blanched diced tomatoes and stir to combine. Add spring onion and mix well.
- To this add the black beans, along with seasoning, cumin powder, paprika, green chillies, jalapeno and mix well.
- Finish with coriander & lemon juice. Stir well to combine all flavors.
- Serve with baked nacho chips or vegetable crudités.