Feeling festive yet struggling about what to make for the holiday dinner this year? Fret not, look no further! In fact, we got you a healthier menu with festive treat for the hungry family at Christmas. What are you waiting for, why not test run these recipes this weekend?
Master chef Pawan Bisht gets us the perfect healthy recipes for winter festivities!
Apple, Tomato and Truffle Soup
Preparation : 10 mins
Cooking : 05 mins
Servings : 4 portions
- Take a pan and put it on medium heat. Add olive oil to it.
- Put the green chilli and chopped basil to it and sauté well.
- Once all the flavour of the green chilli and basil is infused in oil add the tomato juice and cook well.
- When the tomato juice is reduced to half of the original quantity then add the apple juice.
- Cook for two more minutes. Adjust seasoning.
- Garnish with the fresh chunks of apple and few drops of truffle oil.
- Serve hot.
Pan seared Garlic and Prawn
Preparation : 15 mins
Cooking : 10 mins
Servings : 02 portions
- 5 to 6 roasted garlic clove
- 5 to 6 roasted baby onions
- 5 to 6 cherry tomatoes
- 2 table spoon olive oil
- 1 star anise
- Half teaspoon chilli flakes
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1 sprig thyme
- 1 sprig parsley
- 5 to 6 leaves of basil
- 5 to 6 pitted olives
- Prawns (medium) 8 to 10 pieces de shelled and de veined
- 3 table spoon white wine
- 1 table spoon vinegar
- Seasoning to taste
- Marinate the prawns in olive oil, salt and pepper and leave for at least 10 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile take a pan keep it on a medium gas range.
- Add oil to the pan. Pour oil, star naise, chilli flakes and all the herbs.
- Once the flavour of herbs is infused in the oil add cherry tomato, baby onion, garlic cloves, olives, to it.
- Then add the prawns and deglaze with white wine and vinegar.
- Season well and serve hot.