The 35-year-old model, who announced her retirement from the runway earlier this year, made an astonishing $44 million between June 2014 and June 2015, meaning she took the top spot for the 14th year in a row, thanks to lucrative advertising campaigns for the likes of Chanel, Balenciaga, Carolina Herrera and Emilio Pucci, as well as profits from her Gisele Bunchen Intimates lingerie collection and the jelly sandals she designs for Brazilian shoemaker Grenden.
Her earnings are particularly astonishing as the second-placed models, Cara Delevingne and Adriana Lima, made a relatively-small $9 million.
Doutzen Kroes took fourth place with $7.5 million, just ahead of Natalia Vodianova, who rounded out the top five with $7 million.
Miranda Kerr and Joan Smalls tied for sixth spot with $5.5 million, while Karlie Kloss, Lara Stone, Alessandra Ambrosio and Candice Swanepoel all made eighth place by bringing in $5 million.
Elsewhere, Kendall Jenner, who took 16th spot with $4 million, and Lithuanian model Edita Vilkeviciute, who placed 17th, were the only newcomers to the rankings, while Gigi Hadid, Martha Hunt and Behati Prinsloo were among those who just fell short of the $3.5 million needed to make this year’s list.
Forbes list of World’s Highest-Paid Models 2015:
1. Gisele Bundchen, $44 million
2. Cara Delevingne, $9 million
2. Adriana Lima, $9 million
4. Doutzen Kroes, $7.5 million
5. Natalia Vodianova, $7 million
6. Miranda Kerr, $5.5 million
6. Joan Smalls, $5.5 million
8. Karlie Kloss, $5 million
8. Lara Stone, $5 million
8. Alessandra Ambrosio, $5 million
8. Candice Swanepoel, $5 million
12. Carolyn Murphy $4.5 million
12. Kate Moss $4.5 million
12. Liu Wen $4.5 million
12.Daria Werbowy $4.5 million
16. Kendall Jenner $4 million
17. Hilary Rhoda $3.5 million
17. Jourdan Dunn $3.5 million
17. Kate Upton $3.5 million
17. Anja Rubik $3.5 million
17. Edita Vilkeviciute $3.5 million