Halloweekend is here, are you entertaining a crowd this Halloween? Take your celebrations to the next level with a fun and creative cocktail and a snack to go with your cocktail. Add an innovative twist on the traditional Bloody Mary, with a pleasant yet unexpected hit of Wasabi as a perfect Halloween surprise.
Here are two freakishly good recipes by Candy & Green, from Breach Candy, Mumbai.
- 360ml tomato juice
- 90ml vodka
- 1.5 tsp wasabi paste
- Dash of Worcestershire sauce (non-vegetarian, can be avoided if required)
- Dash of tabasco
- Celery salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Place wasabi in small bowl, add vodka till blended
- Mix tomato juice, Worcestershire , tabasco, celery salt, pepper and vodka mixture and shake with ice
- 80g Chickpeas – soaked overnight & boiled in pressure cooker
- 10g Tahina paste
- 2g salt
- 2g garlic – minced
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil – for hummus
- 20 ml Chilled water
- ½ lemon
- 2 tsp peri peri powder
- A handful of fresh basil leaves
For pita bread:
- 2 big oval sized – lightly toasted
- 4 small coin sized – lightly toasted
- 3g Feta cheese
- 0.5g scallions
- 2g hazelnuts – toasted and crushed
- 0.25g red chilli powder
- 0.25g sumac powder
- Extra virgin Olive oil – to drizzle
- 2g pomegranate
- In a mixer jar, blend chickpeas, tahina, garlic, Extra Virgin olive oil and lemon with chilled water. Till a paste is formed. Adjust the seasoning as per taste.
- Divide the hummus into three portions. One portion can be served as original hummus.
- Blend second portion of hummus with peri peri powder to make peri peri hummus
- Blend third portion of hummus with fresh basil leaves to make a basil hummus.
- Add garnish.
- Toast the pita bread for 1 min. Brush with oil.