Sea salt has bucketful of beauty benefits! Also known as flower of salt, sea salt is a humble yet potent beauty ingredient which is made from evaporation of seawater. Sea salt has been put to use since ancient times as a laxative and ointment besides used for garnishing food. This wonderful ingredient is packed with electrolytes and key minerals like sodium, magnesium, calcium, sodium, and potassium that are vital for good health. Needless to add, sea salt plays a vital role in improving skin’s health. Today, stores are flooded with sea salt and its products however if you can use it at home, it can provide natural results and works miracles on the body. If you are a beauty addict, you have got to stack up on sea salt for fabulous skin, nails and happy hair.
Sea Salt In Skincare
- Sea salt helps as a pore cleanser, it balances oil production and retains moisture from inside, besides its anti-bacterial properties discourage the growth of bacteria which lead to breakouts and acne.
- Sea salt exfoliates the skin, its natural minerals nourish the skin and scrub away the dirt and grime. It also massages the skin keeping the skin fresh, young and soft.
- Sea salt can also be a facial toner, it acts as an oil absorbing toner and hydrating face mist. A handy and great way to naturally hydrate and refresh your skin.
- Sea salt takes off excess oil from the skin, also provides the right amount of hydration. Using salt in masks helps balance oil production and hydrates the deepest layers of the skin besides acts as an anti-inflammatory agent, calms irritation.
- Sea salt makes for a great scrub for the body, gentle and natural exfoliator that sloughs off dead skin cells, bringing out smooth and fresh skin. And its minerals soften the skin, imparting a healthy glow.
- Sea Salt is a fabulous bath salt. You can add a generous amount of it in your bath water as it absorbs dirt, grime, sweat and toxins from the body, cleansing the skin from within. Sea salt’s mineral content aids in restoring the protective barrier and holds hydration.
- Sea Salt is a good skin detox. All you have to do is wet your face and put a thin layer of sea salt, let it dry so it absorbs the toxins from the skin.
- Sea Salt soothes sore muscles, hence soaking in sea salt bath helps ease tensed muscles. You can arrange a warm sea salt bath and soak in it for half an hour to calm your body.
- Sea salt can help in keeping the hair healthy, helps as an anti-dandruff treatment, from the hair and scalp besides it stimulates blood flow and promotes healthy scalp. You can use sea salt on your scalp as it absorbs excess oil, provides moisture and prevents fungal growth.
- Sea Salt keeps nails healthy. From softening the cuticles to keeping the nails off yellow stains and strengthening them. You may soak your nails in sea salt infused water, the rich mineral ingredients can make them stronger, whiter and brighter.
DIY Sea-salt beauty regime
- For an effective body scrub, take 2 cups of sea salt in which add turmeric, aloe vera gel and honey. Massage your face with this mixture to gift yourself a glowing skin.
- Take 1 /2 cup of almond oil, 1 cup of sea salt, 5-15 drops of lavender oil. Beat all ingredients well before applying on your face to use as a scrub.
- Take 1 cup of olive oil, 1 cup of sea salt, 1/2 spoon of dry-ginger powder, 1/2 spoon of powdered cinnamon powder. Scrub your face with this blend for 15 minutes. Wash off with warm water to reveal a fresh and brighter complexion.
- Take 1.5 cups of sea salt ,1/3 cup of olive oil, 3 drops of peppermint oil to make a scrub .It is very useful scrub for eradicating dead skin cells and revealing the new skin underneath.
- Use 1/2 spoon of lemon juice or 1/2 cup of curd, 1/2 cup of fuller’s earth, 1 cup of sea salt for scrubbing your face.
- Make a blend of 4 spoons of grounded almond powder, 1 spoon of tamper lotion, 2 cups of sea salt to scrub your face for fair and supple skin.
- Combat back or chest acne with a papaya and sea salt body scrub.
- For a DIY Toothpaste, take 12 ounces of sea salt to 4 ounces of sage leaves together. Bake the mixture in the oven on its lowest setting until it dries.
- Mix sea salt with apple cider vinegar for a complexion-evening facial toner.
Beauty Expert Smita Ghosh says, ‘Sea salt is like gold in beauty care, it has plenty of beauty benefits. It prevents hair loss, strengthens hair follicles and stimulates healthy hair growth. You can massage the scalp with sea salt daily. It helps in clearing acnes scars and dermatitis due to its Sulphur content. As a fine toner, mix one teaspoon sea salt with four ounces of warm water in store it in spray bottle until and mist on clean, dry skin a few times daily. As a spa scrub or spa treatment, you can mix together a half-cup sea salt, a quarter-cup pure aloe vera gel, a cup oil, one tablespoon dried lavender flowers, and 10 drops essential oil of lavender. You may apply in the shower with a cotton or the palms of your hands, gently scrubbing your skin in a circular motion. Gift a radiant smile to yourself, sea salt is an ideal whitener cum mouth wash. Mix one teaspoon salt and two teaspoons baking powder. Dip a damp toothbrush in the mixture, and brush teeth normally.’