Sandwiches are good for any time of the day. Still looking for some inspiration this National Sandwich week? Like cricket and whiskey, the sandwich is essentially a British invention that has taken over the world literally. If your sandwiches are lacking motivation, we have got some sandwich ideas to brighten up your lunchbox or make afternoon tea highly substantial. Well, just get a little adventurous, be inspired and dig into our sandwich ideas which are packed with real punch. Executive Chef, Ankit Mangla, Plaza Premium Lounge gives us quick and indulgent treats you’d be excited about eating!
Croque Monsieur: Grilled Ham and Cheese Sandwich
- 2 slices white bread
- 2 tbsp butter, room temperature
- 2 slices cheddar cheese
- 2 slices breakfast ham
- Few leaves lettuce
- 4-5 slices tomato, thinly slices Salt & black pepper for seasoning
* Spread butter on sliced bread and place cheese, lettuce, ham slices and tomato slices. Sprinkle with salt & black pepper.
* Cover with the second slice and butter the top side as well.
* On a hot griddle, place the sandwich buttered side down. Butter top piece of bread.
* Once the bread gets grilled and the cheese melts, take off the griddle and serve hot.
Chicken Quesadilla with Mango Salsa
- 4 Chicken tenders, boneless
- 1 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin, crushed
- 1 tsp Spanish smoked paprika
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- A pinch salt + black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 red bell pepper, grilled and sliced
- ½ cup brown rice, cooked
- 4 Tortilla bread
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
* In a bowl, toss mangoes, avocados, chili, coriander and lemon juice. Keep covered in refrigerator
* Marinate chicken with chipotle chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika, honey, garlic powder and season well. Add olive oil and lemon juice and evenly distribute the seasonings. Marinate for at least 4 hours.
* On a hot grill, place the chicken and cook until done both sides. Chop.
* Assembly – lay tortilla bread and top with cheese, sliced bell peppers, brown rice and cubed chicken. Place on a hot griddle and Cover it with another tortilla. * Cook until the bottom is crispy and golden brown, turning both sides.
* Serve with mango salsa.