What’s the best thing about summer? Certainly, mangoes we’d say! The juicy, sweet and totally divine, king of fruits is much loved and most looked forward to fruit in the season. Needless to add, the sweet taste of mangoes accentuated with a delicate tang has surely created tremendous fans across. The mangoes are a powerhouse of nutrients, they also lower cholesterol, good source of Vitamin C, controls blood pressure, aids in digestion, prevents heat stroke and gives us glowing skin. We can’t wait to bung them in salads, smoothies and mains. Here are a few mango delights curated by Chef Jitendra Upadhyay, Pastry Chef, Renaissance Lucknow Hotel. Bookmark the heathy salad, roll and the refreshing smoothie to guzzle down the awesomeness of mangoes.
Mango Summer Salad
- Mango 200g
- Mint Leaves 10g
- Mixed Lettuce 50g
- Onions 50g
- Lemon Juice 10ml
- Chopped Mint 5ml
- Olive Oil 200ml
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Honey 10ml
- Cut mango in cubes and add onions & tomato.
- Add some chopped mint leaves to the salad; pour few drops of olive oil and honey.
- Toss together with salt and pepper.
- Arrange salad in a plate with mix lettuce and pour remaining dressing on top of it.
- Garnish it with few springs of mint leaves.
Mango Cheese Roll
- 4 Tortilla/Chapati
- 2 Ripe Mangoes
- 10ml Honey
- 4 Cheese Slices
- 20g Butter
* Take a peace of tortilla sheet apply butter .
* Arrange slices of mango and cheese.
* Pour some honey on top of it.
* Make a roll out of it .grill it on hot griddle.
* Serve hot or cold with tomato sauce.
Mango Shake- Mint-Infused
* Peel out mango take out mango pulp.
* In a blender blend together mango, curd few mint leaves sugar and milk.
* Garnish shake with dry fruits serve chilled.