Nothing says summer quite like the flavours of mango so to celebrate this much-loved fruit, we have a few magical recipes.
The fruit packs in lots of powerful antioxidants, Vitamin C and A, as well as sulphur and iron. These are all great for detoxing the system!
Mango Basil Colada
By Chef Tarun Sibal, Director One Fine Meal
- Fresh cut mangoes 100 Gm
- Coconut water – 100 ml
- Coconut cream – 50 ml
- Ice – a few cubes
- Basil – 3 leaves
- Sugar – 1 tsp
- Muddle the basil leaves in a glass with sugar
- Add ice , mangoes and coconut water in a blender and mix
- Pour it in the basil glass
- While swirling its with a spoon add the fresh coconut cream
- Dress with with the basil leaf
MANGO PANNA COTTA
By Chef Tarun Sibal, Director, One Fine Meal
- 4 medium mangos, or 2 cups, peeled and pitted
- 1 cup mango juice 1 envelopes unflavored gelatin powder
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1/3 cup sugar 3 envelopes unflavored gelatin powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream, or half and half
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup diced mango
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- Add mango flesh to a blender and puree until smooth. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, add mango juice and sprinkle gelatin on top. Wait 5 minutes for gelatin to soften and then mix with a spoon.
- Microwave mango juice for 1 minute on high power. Stir again for one minute until gelatin has dissolved.
- Set stemless wine glasses or tumblers in a muffin tin on an angle. If the glasses slide, place a tea towel underneath to stabilize.
- Mix together the mango puree and mango juice mixture. Pour into glasses to a half inch below the rim, and chill in position at least 2 hours to set.
- In a small saucepan, add milk and powdered gelatin and wait 10 minutes.
- Raise heat to medium, add sugar and stir several minutes to dissolve.
- Remove saucepan from heat and stir in the cream, vanilla and salt.
- Once at room temperature, pour into the glasses enough to cover mango. Chill for 1-2 hours until set.
- Garnish with optional raspberries and diced mango. Serve and enjoy!