Grab a mini apron, prepare these yummy recipes for fast and fresh suppers for ravenous kids. Some tasty treats ideas to keep children happy this mid term break. These can also be tweaked into lunch box ideas during term time lunch ideas for kids of all ages.
Here are two recipes super speedy and satisfying ideas from Foodhall India.
Spicy Sesame Peanut Noodles
On a busy day, make something quick and filling. Here is a noodle recipe that is right on flavour
Cook time: 22 minutes
Serves: 2-3 people
- 150 g Chinese egg noodles
- 1 tsp peanut butter
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp red chilli paste
- 1 tsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 2 tsp sesame seeds, dry roasted till slightly browned
- 2 tbsp spring onion greens, chopped
- 2 tbsp peanuts, crushed
- Heat water in a large pot. When it comes to a boil, add 1 tsp salt, add the noodles and let it cook. It usually takes 8- 10 minutes
- Heat peanut butter and sesame oil in a wok. Add red chilli paste. Cook for 30-40 seconds. Add soy sauce and vinegar
- Drain the noodles and add them in the wok. Mix everything using tongs or forks
- Transfer it in a serving bowl. Garnish with sesame seeds, crushed peanuts and spring onion green
Green Goddess Grilled Cheese
Cook time: 15 minutes
Serves: 1 person
- 2 slices of bread of your choice
- 2-3 tbsp of ready pesto
- 2 slices of fresh mozzarella
- Some fresh baby spinach
- Sliced avocado
- 3 tbsp of crumbly feta or goat cheese
- Spread the pesto on each slice of bread
- On one slice, add sliced mozzarella, baby spinach, avocado slices, goat cheese or feta and another layer of mozzarella. Top it with the second slice of bread and gently press it down.
- In a pan, heat up some butter and gently lay the sandwich.
- Cook it on each side for a few minutes till it looks golden brown. You may press it down gently to seal everything in.
- Once golden brown on both sides, take it off the heat and cut into triangles. Serve immediately.