Dessert always wins! Well, the kick from fabulous desserts after a hearty meal needs no introduction. Your NYE party dessert doesn’t get easier than these! Everyone will remember the last party or meal of the year, and if you are looking for last minute New Years eve desserts, than check out these amazingly delicious roundup recipes to sweeten up your party. These are sure to be the talk of party, we are drooling already!
Expert chef Shipra Khanna shares very pretty and bakelicious perfect desserts to ring in the new years!
Hershey’s Cocoa and Nutella Cake!
The combination of Hershey’s cocoa powder and Nutella is a perfect marriage. For baking especially, one should use quantity ingredients as that decides how good the end result will be. This cake is rich and melts in the mouth which makes it perfect for New Year occasion – or for no occasion at all!
- 85 gms refined flour
- 70 gms Hershey’s dark cocoa powder
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 cup yogurt
- 150 gms caster sugar
- 150 gms unsalted butter
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tbsp Nutella
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder into the bowl.
- Beat the yogurt, sugar and butter in another bowl till light and fluffy.
- Fold in the flour mix alternately with the milk, to make a smooth batter.
- Add the Nutella and mix till well blended.
- Spoon the batter into a lightly greased 9”x12” rectangular cake mould.
- Bake in the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Turn the cake out on to a wire rack to cool. Slice and serve.
Chocolate Fudge with Salted Caramel Crumble
- ½ cup refined flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp sodium bicarbonate
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 100 gms cooking chocolate, chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup softened butter
- 3 tbsp refined flour
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp sugar
- ½ cup almonds peeled and ground
- 1 tsp sea salt
* Whipped cream
- Sift the flour, baking powder, sodium bicarbonate nd cocoa powder into a bowl.
- Melt the chocolate in the top of a double boiler and set aside. Keep warm.
- Whisk the eggs and sugar in another bowl till light and fluffy.
- Add the butter and beat till well incorporated.
- Gently mix in the melted chocolate.
- Fold in the flour mi, to make a smooth batter.
- Pour the batter into a lightly greased 8” cake mould.
- Bake in the centre of an oven preheated to 180C for 20-25 minutes, till a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven. Do not switch off the oven.
- For the crumble, put all the ingredients except the salt into a bowl and mix lightly till they resemble breadcrumbs.
- Spoon it into a cake mould and put it in the centre of the oven for 15 minutes till golden brown.
- Remove and set aside to cool.
- Sprinkle the salt on top.
* Slice the chocolate fudge and serve it with cream and salted caramel crumble.
I have an enormous sweet tooth and I love dry cakes as they go well with coffee. Also, I can have it at anytime of the day and not feel heavy after eating it. This cake in particular is very light and delicately- flavored which makes it all the more irresistible.
Eggless Almond Cake Recipe
- 1 cup refined flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 ½ cups yogurt
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 cup butter
- ½ cup almonds, blanced, peeled and coarsely ground
- A few drop of almond essence
* You can use walnuts instead of almonds.
* This cake can be stored in an airtight container for 4-5 days.