Ready for Mother’s day this weekend? You can host a beautiful brunch to make Mama’s day. Impress your mom with a healthy, simple, sweet and savoury dishes and pop in a few of her favourite fresh fruits to treat her to a meal worth waking up for. These recipes can be made by kitchen challenged individuals too. Serve them in an unexpectedly sweet way! Also while you are at it, put on some tunes you know mommy dear will love with a personalized playlist made for her. Or even place a few special photos of you and mom to display at the table as thoughtful mementos.
Expert Chef Pawan Bisht gives us two awe-inspiring recipes are a breeze.
Pan Seared Chicken Breast
- 2 bone less skin less chicken breast
- 2 table spoon pomace olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped thyme
- 1 table spoon chopped garlic
- ½ tea spoon lemon zest
- ½ red pepper
- ½ yellow pepper
- ½ yellow squash sliced length wise cut into ½ inch thick rectangle
- ½ zucchini sliced length wise cut into ½ inch thick rectangle
- 2 asparagus
- Few French beans trimmed and blanched
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Take a bowl and add oil, salt, pepper, thyme, garlic, lemon zest and marinate the chicken breast.
- Let it marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Heat a hot plate and place the chicken breast and cook on the both the sides till the desired result is achieved.
- Put all the vegetables on the hot plate and sear well, adjust the seasoning and serve with the chicken breast with your choice of sauce.
Raisin And Dark Chocolate Mousse
* 100 gm dark chocolate
* Handful raisin
* Half cup heavy whipping cream
* Three crunchy chocolate cookies
* Three maraschino cherries
- Place chocolate in a bowl over a double boiler on a low heat.
- Beat the cream over ice till it forms soft peak.
- Now add the melted chocolate to the whipped cream, then add raisin to it. Mix well.
- Let it settle down for at least 15-20 minutes.
- Take a serving bowl and crush the cookies at the base.
- Pour the chocolate mixture to it and put in fridge for at least half an hour to settle down.
- Garnish with the whipped cream and maraschino cherries.
Happy Mother’s Day All!