7.2 C
London
Wednesday, February 28, 2024

Nazi suspect dies before trial

Must read

Efraim Zuroff, the Simon Wiesenthal Centre's top Nazi hunter, said it was 'incredibly frustrating' the Nazi suspect died before trial

The world’s third most-wanted Nazi suspect has died before he could be brought to trial in Germany.

Bonn’s state court has said that 89-year-old Samuel Kunz died on November 18.

Kunz was indicted on charges he was involved in the entire process of killing Jews at the Belzec death camp, from taking victims from trains to pushing them into gas chambers to throwing corpses into mass graves. No trial date had been set.

Efraim Zuroff, the Simon Wiesenthal Centre’s top Nazi hunter, said it was “incredibly frustrating” that Kunz died before trial.

But he added it was important that he was indicted, “at least a small measure of justice was achieved”.

- Advertisement -

More articles

- Advertisement -

Latest article