Looking for something to do while responsibly staying indoors and practicing social distancing? Grab your whisk and mixing bowl! If there was ever a need for comfort food it’s now, what with the COVID-19 pandemic that is sweeping the globe. If you’re looking for something to keep yourself occupied with while at home, try your hand at the recipes.
To stay meaningfully occupied while at home, take inspiration from Chef Sanjana Patel of La Folie, with her decadent recipes that can be easily whipped up at home.
Dark Chocolate Brownies
- 3 Eggs 165g
- Castor sugar: 200g
- Butter: 170g
- Dark chocolate (70%): 170g
- All purpose flour: 92g
- Baking powder: 1.7g
- Sea salt: 2g
- 70% Dark chocolate chips: 105g
- Grease the baking mould with butter.
- Sift the flour and baking powder. Mix in the salt & chocolate chips.
- Melt the dark chocolate in a microwave or over a double boiler.
- Melt the butter separately.
- Whisk the eggs with the castor sugar until ribbon consistency. Make sure the eggs are at ambient temperature. Mix in the melted dark chocolate (the chocolate should be at 45c).
- Next, fold in the dry ingredients.
- Add the chocolate chips or can be substituted for chopped walnuts.
- Finally, mix in the melted butter.
- Pour the batter into the mould and bake in a preheated oven at 175c for 25-30 mins.
- Lastly, try and wait for the brownies to cool before you slice and devour them in minutes!
Keto Hot Chocolate
Dense, creamy, velvety: it’s like a hug in a cup. Almost bitter, and dark, this keto hot chocolate is spiced with cinnamon to warm your throat a little, and also features a dash of vanilla to smoothen it out.
- Whipping cream: 60g
- Water or brewed coffee: 60g
- Stevia: 1g
- Natural unsweetened cocoa powder: 15g
- 85% dark chocolate: 20g
- Vanilla extract or cinnamon for spice: 2g
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan. Give it a gentle boil and whisk till it thickens.
- Pour in a mug – relax, sip and enjoy!
- Optional – Dust with extra cocoa or shavings of chocolate!