A fresh and crunchy salad doesn’t always have to be on the side, it can be the star of its own meal. Enjoy these summer salads every day with this collection of salad recipe ideas for all occasions. Wow your guests this summer with these amazing salads, showcasing some of the best produce England has to offer. We’ve got you a few salad recipes which are high in proteins and low in carbs, fats and calories. Besides if you want to lose weight then salads should definitely be a major part of your diet. Here are a few healthy and delicious great salad recipes to satisfy your taste buds and help you shed those extra pounds besides make your taste buds tingle!
MIXED SALAD WITH LOTUS ROOT
* Lotus root
* Lollo rosso Lettuce
* Romaine Lettuce
* Iceberg Lettuce
* SEASONING: Lemongrass dressing
* Clean and wash lettuce, dice it.
* Mix all ingredients in a bowl, add lemongrass sauce.
* Portion in a salad bowl.
CORN, POMEGRANATE & SOYA SALAD
* Olive Oil- 2Tsp
* Lemon Juice- 1 Tbsp
* In a bowl mix all the ingredients except olive oil and lemon juice.
* Add the dressing and toss well
* Tips: You can add nuts if you want to make your salad more crunchy. They will also add more protein to the salad.
ROASTED PUMPKIN AND CHICKEN SALAD
- Pumpkin 100g (cubes)
- Salt & Pepper
- Worcestershire sauce 1 tsp
- Chicken Leg boneless 100g
- Black pepper sauce 2 tbsp
- Assorted lettuce 100g
- 10 Cherry tomatoes
- Toasted almond flakes 1 tbsp
- Lemon juice 1 tsp
- Honey ½ tsp
- Diced bell peppers 2 tbsp
- Olives slices 1 tbsp
- Marinate the chicken meat with salt and black pepper sauce leave aside for 30 mins.
- Bake at 150 degrees for 45 mins.
- Mix all ingredients and bake in the oven for 15 mins at 200 degrees Celsius.
- Do not throw the pan juices.
- Make a bed with the washed lettuce.
- Arrange halved tomatoes , olives and bell peppers.
- Place the pumpkin on the salad , slice the chicken and add to the salad.
- Whisk the chicken pan juices , honey and lemon juice to form a dressing.
- Pour over the salad, and finish with almond