Make your holiday countdown the most indulgent one by trying one of these easy and delicious dessert showstoppers. Two simple cake recipes here for all of the people you want to give simple yet thoughtful holiday desserts a try. Don’t forget to get the kids to bake along. Pastry Chef Namal Kalubowila, Mövenpick Hotel Colombo, Sri Lanka gives us two options to choose from.
GLUTEN FREE CHOCOLATE CAKE
- 5 Eggs
- Sugar – 200g
- Almond powder – 200g
- Melted Butter – 125g
- Melted Dark Chocolate – 250g
1. Mix sugar, almond powder, eggs and melted butter.
2. Once mixed well, add melted chocolate to this mixture.
3. Mix well until the mixture is thick.
4. Bake for 30-40 minutes at the oven temperature of 160˚C.
For the Base:
- Graham crackers, crushed 105g
- Sugar 40g
- Butter 40g
For the Filling:
- Philadelphia cream cheese 455g
- Icing sugar 150g
- Vanilla 1 teaspoon
- 1/8 Teaspoon Salt
- Whipping cream 360g
1. In a small bowl, combine the crushed graham crackers, sugar and melted butter.
2. Coat the crushed graham crackers with the butter
3. In a 7-inch springform pan, spread the mixture in an even layer and press firmly.
4. Set aside.
1. Combine the cream cheese, icing sugar, vanilla and salt in a large bowl.
2. In a mixer or blender, mix all ingredients at medium speed until soft and smooth.
3. Once the mixture is smooth, add the cream while whisking the mixture at low speed.
4. Gradually increase the speed and whip until the mixture can hold stiff peaks or for about 3-5
5. Pour the filling into the springform pan, over the crust.
6. Refrigerate until the filling is firm. Approximately 6 hours or overnight.