Women, it is your day and we ought to make it special! While men, can indulge you in mouthwatering food and cocktails/mocktails, women can get together to make the occasion ultra-special by trying these easy recipes.
All you men out there if you are trying to swoon the women in your life, however if the thought if entering the kitchen puts a knot in your stomach? Well, then these recipe are exactly what you need! With just a handful of ingredients and few simple steps, learn a skill for life.
Glocal Local, Mumbai gives us two superb recipes to make this woman’s day special to help you cook up a storm! They say a woman should be two things: classy and fabulous, just like these recipes.
Coorgi Chicken Dry Fry
- Chicken cut into 8 pieces on the bone
- 750 grams Cinnamon sticks 3 one inch
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
- Green cardamoms 3 Cloves
- 6-7 Black peppercorns
- 1 tbsp Mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon
- 4 Dried red chillies
- 3 tbsp Oil
- Onions chopped 1/2 cup
- Tomatoes chopped1/2 cup
- 6 tbspPot tamarind water
- Put chicken pieces in a bowl, add salt and turmeric powder and mix.
- Dry roast green cardamoms, cinnamon, cloves, black peppercorns, mustard seeds and dried red chillies in a small non-stick pan.
- Heat 3 tbsps oil in another non-stick pan, add onions and saute.
- When the spices become fragrant, take the pan off the heat and cool. When cooled grind them to a powder.
- Saute onions till golden. Add chicken and mix and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add ½ cup tomatoes and mix. Add ½ cup water and ground spices and mix well.
- Adjust salt and mix, cover and cook on medium heat till chicken is almost done.
- Add pot tamarind water and mix. Cover and cook till chicken is fully cooked.
- Serve hot on a waffle.
- 1 ounce of Rum
- 1/2 ounce Dark Liqueur
- 1/2 ounce sweetened condensed milk
- Pinch of ground cinnamon and shaved chocolate for garnish
- Pour the ingredients into a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake well.
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Garnish with a pinch of cinnamon, fresh flowers or chocolate shavings on top.
Happy Women’s Day!