A 14-year-old boy arrested on suspicion of throwing a petrol bomb during a student protest has been released on police bail, Scotland Yard said.
The teenager was arrested on Friday, less than 24 hours after detectives released images of a hooded figure running across Parliament Square and throwing a flaming bottle across a crowd of protesters.
The video images were recorded by a member of the public during one of the most violent days of demonstrations on December 9 last year.
A Metropolitan Police spokesman said: “A 14-year-old boy arrested on suspicion of violent disorder has been bailed until a date in late March.”
Investigators have also obtained images of a second suspect attacking cars in a royal convoy in Regent Street on the same day.
He was also caught on camera kicking in the windows of a branch of Topshop in Oxford Circus and throwing a metal fence at police officers.
Earlier this week detectives released a further 10 still images of people suspected of violence and other offences on November 24.
Senior officers at the Met have formed a specialist unit, dubbed Operation Malone, to bring those who broke the law to justice.
They have arrested more than 200 suspects, the majority in their late teens and early 20s, since the first protest on November 10.
The latest arrest follows the imprisonment of Hampshire student Edward Woollard for throwing a fire extinguisher from the roof of the Millbank complex which houses Tory Party headquarters.