Have you been constantly using ingredients in your cooking and wondering how to incorporate them in your beauty regime? Well, some of the organic kitchen staples when applied topically can pack in quite a punch! Most of the time people assume that preparing homemade beauty remedies can be time-consuming and messy. However, beyond the practice, patience and your ingredients, the effort is worth it! The weather is changing, and so is your skin condition, so dull, tired and lifeless skin is a common issue. Also with the festive months round the corner, we suggest you start prepping right at home. Here are some quick and easy ways to prepare your own skincare and beauty products and get your beauty fix from your kitchen shelf. Here’s how to get revive, rejuvenate your skin. Get glowing and bright skin in minutes! Ingredients from your kitchen to brighten up lifeless skin.
Simple beauty hacks for bright and radiant skin.
1. Lemon Packed with vitamin C, antioxidants it is also a natural bleaching agent that helps in brightening up dull skin, besides removing your summer tan as well. It revitalizes tired skin. Simply rub lemon juice on clean face, leave it on for 10 minutes and wash off with water. Grab the lemons!
2. Sugar We are aware that sugar is not recommended for your waistline when taken orally however it can work wonders for your skin when used externally. It is a fabulous exfoliate and helps remove dead skin cells besides provides hydration to the skin. All you have to do is mix a tsp of sugar with a few drops of water, and massage on face in circular motion for 15 minutes. Rinse off with lukewarm water. Sugar Up ladies!
3. Honey This one is loaded with antioxidants, brightening, softening and skin-lightening properties it is a beauty staple. Simply mix honey with powdered oats and egg yolk to make a paste. Apply it on your face in upward strokes. Leave it on for 20 minutes and wash off. Glow like a bride!
4. Raw chocolate Chocolate can be hard on your teeth and body. However, raw dark chocolate that contains no sugar can be extremely beneficial for your skin. It can be a blessing for your beauty regime, it can add instant radiance to the skin and makes it soft and supple. Get yourself 1/2 tbsp of cocoa powder with 1/2 tbsp of honey. Apply the paste on your face and neck, allow it to dry and wash after 20 minutes. Chocolate wraps anyone?
5. Almond Aren’t we aware how that almond oil is a rich source of vitamins and minerals for hair but is equally good for your skin too? It moisturizes, hydrates, adds a glowing sheen giving way to healthy skin. Mix few drops of almond oil to your body wash and moisturizer before using it. Or make a quick face mask by removing the almond peels and grinding it to make a paste. Add a few drops of milk and apply on face. Scrub it away when it dries up and wash off. Amp up with almonds!
6. Potato These are a must-have in the kitchen. The versatile ingredient can be used to prepare varied meals and is great to brighten skin, pigmentation and remove the sun tan. Simply take a few slices of potato and rub it on the face to allow the juices to
penetrate in the skin. Leave them on the face for 30 minutes and rinse. Prep up with potatoes this season!
7. Strawberries It’s great for your skin inside out! Rich in vitamin C and antioxidants, it contains alpha hydroxyl acid which is a skin brightener, also found in various skincare products. Quickly mash up a few fresh strawberries and mix a few drops of honey to it. Apply on the face and rinse with water after about twenty minutes. Hello Gorgeousness!
Beauty Expert, Nikita Anand says, “No side effects, costs literally nothing, so let’s welcome natural skincare regime with open hands. Tuck these two ingredients in also pat them gladly onto your skin. I recommend tomato extract as it acts as a natural sunscreen, shrinks open pores and gives younger looking, glowing skin. Take 1-2 spoonful of tomato juice and apply it on your face with a cotton ball. Gently massage your face and leave it on for 15 minutes. Regular application of this will shrink pore size, balances sebum secretion; richness of Vitamin C in tomato promotes healthy glowing skin and helps skin look younger. I also recommend apples, rich in skin-friendly nutrients like vitamin C, vitamin A and copper, apple is a perfect natural anti-aging solution. It reduces fine lines and wrinkles, exfoliates skin by removing dead cells and importantly suits all skin types. Take a teaspoon of grated apple, add some coconut milk and 2-3 drops of lemon essential oil. Mix and make a smooth paste over your face and neck. Wash it after 30 minutes. Stay beautiful,”