13.9 C
London
Thursday, June 13, 2024

Mel Gibson will not be charged over alleged fracas with photographer

Must read

Police do not intend to charge Mel Gibson over an allegation that the Oscar-winning director shoved and abused a newspaper photographer who snapped pictures of him and his new girlfriend in Sydney last month.

The Daily Telegraph staff photographer Kristi Miller complained to police about the August 23 altercation with Gibson, 59, after he and Rosalind Ross, 24, were photographed leaving an Israeli Film Festival screening of Matti Caspi – Confession at the Palace Verona Cinemas in inner-suburban Paddington.

State police said in a statement that “the matter was … investigated thoroughly.”

“At this stage, based on the evidence gathered, no formal action will be taken,” New South Wales Police said.

The Braveheart star’s Sydney lawyer, Christopher Murphy, has been informed of the police decision not to press charges, his publicist Rogers and Cowan said.

“Mel Gibson has totally denied from the onset these disgraceful allegations,” Rogers and Cowan said in a statement.

“He is now satisfied that the police, after speaking to witnesses and reviewing CCTV footage and other evidence, have found there is no substance to the claim,” it added.

Miller told The Daily Telegraph that she had turned away from Gibson after taking his photo and he then shoved her in the back. She said the Lethal Weapon star abused her until Ross intervened by grabbing his shoulder.

“I thought he was going to punch me in the face,” Miller told the Sydney-based newspaper a day after the incident.

Gibson, who has a history of angry tirades, is in Sydney to direct a World War II drama, Hacksaw Ridge, starring Andrew Garfield and Vince Vaughn.


Discover more from London Glossy Post

Subscribe to get the latest posts to your email.

- Advertisement -

More articles

- Advertisement -

Latest article