Christmas is a time of joy and relaxation, so don’t end up all day chained to the oven and kitchen. For the lazy people who do not like to cook or spend hours in the kitchen we have some quick meals which you can prepare for the festive holiday season and beyond. So here are some fuss free, quick & easy meals for you to experiment with! Expert Chef Pallavi gives us two wonderful meals ideas and recipes below; great for the working women or busy moms and bachelors who have less time at hand to indulge in elaborate fares.
Quick Chicken Bolognaise
Full of protein and fibres, Bolognese is a sure sort winner at any dinner table. Good thing about having a versatile recipe like this in your recipe diary is that you can knock up a delicious and healthy pasta dish with everyday ingredients anytime you want.
- Boil the pasta in salted boiling water till cooked. Then drain but reserve half cup of pasta water.
- Heat oil in a pan and sauté onion till pink. Add garlic, fennel seeds, chili flakes, again sauté for two more minutes.
- Add chicken mince, season properly, sauté till cooked.
- Add canned tomatoes, some pasta water reduce for 3-4 minutes.
- Add dried oregano, tabasco sauce and olive oil.
- Toss in the pasta, adjust the seasoning. Serve hot, topped with some grated parmesan.
Spaghetti with Chicken, Oregano and Breadcrumbs
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat. Add olive oil, when hot, add bread crumbs and chopped garlic. Sauté till lightly brown. Season and drain on kitchen paper.
- Put water to boil, after it comes to boil, season it and add pasta, let it boil, till cooked then drain.
- Heat a pan, add olive oil, add chicken, and season it. Sauté till chicken is cooked.
- Meanwhile check the pasta, if done, drain, before draining add little pasta water to the chicken.
- Add garlic and red chilli, sauté for 2 minutes
- Now toss the pasta into the pan. Adjust the seasoning. Add oregano leaves. Mix well.
- Top with bread crumbs and serve.
So go on get cooking!!