Love is in the air, and to celebrate we’ve put together a list of delicious desserts to indulge in! Folks, all set to throw a Valentine’s party at your home sweet home? Well, what better way to celebrate Valentine’s at home party than to prepare homemade treats. We have got you the sweetest way to say ‘I love you’ to everyone special in your life. Needless to say, the desserts will have your special person or people drooling! These are our gift of love to you. Happy lets-eat-lots-of-dessert week to you all!
Executive Chef, Ankit Mangla, Plaza Premium Lounge gives us some love-filled recipes for the loves in your life.
Hazelnut brownie – 20 servings
* Preheat oven to 180°C. Place the butter and chocolate in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring frequently until melted and smooth. Allow to cool slightly.
* Add rice flour, baking powder, cocoa, hazelnut meal, sugar, hazelnuts, eggs and chocolate mixture in a large bowl and mix to combine.
* Spoon into a lightly greased cake tin lined with non-stick baking paper. Bake for 30–35 minutes or until the center is just set.
* Allow to cool completely in the tin and refrigerate for 1 hour+ before cutting into squares. Dust with cocoa to serve.
Strawberry Tart with Puff Pastry: 10 servings
* Preheat oven to 400 F.
* On a parchment lined baking sheet, roll out the puff pastry dough to a large rectangle
* In a small bowl, whisk together the egg and water.
* Use a knife to scour a border, 3/4 of an inch inside from the edge of the puff pastry. * Use a fork to pierce the inside of the tart several times.
* Brush the pastry with the egg wash along the border.
* Bake for 20 minutes until golden brown and cooked. Set aside to cool.
* While the puff pastry is cooking, prepare the topping. In a large bowl, stir together the whipped cream, 1/2 cup white sugar, and mascarpone cheese.
* In a separate bowl, mix together the strawberry slices, 1/4 cup white sugar, and strawberry jam.
* Once puff pastry is cooled, top with the cream and then the strawberries. Keep refrigerated until ready to slice and serve.
* Top with vanilla ice cream
Fruit and Brownie Trifle: 6-8 servings
* For the whipped cream, in a mixer, whisk the heavy cream, sour cream, sugar and vanilla extract on high speed until soft peaks form.
* Fill each Mousse glass with alternate layers of brownie cubes, raspberries, strawberries, Cashewnuts and whipped cream.
* Garnish each trifle with a sprinkle of mini chocolate chips and serve chilled.