Workouts are top priority for women in today’s day and age. Here’s a peek at some interesting ideas to get you fit as a fiddle prior in the new year. Every girl envisions herself looking perfect ten in her LBD. Fitting into her daily wear, party wear or even post festive season silhouettes is like a dream come true and for that she needs to be in good shape. These days, the amalgamation of different exercise forms is what the fitness industry banks on. We get you the much desired emergency know-how or fitness kit when you want to get fit in a jiffy! We gather advice from the best known celebrity trainer in the country to help you look your dazzling best.
Most women secretly wish for washboards abs, sculpted physique and porcelain skin much like the celebrities. The quest for a sizzling look from head to toe is natural and actually never-ending! Trust us to throw in some useful tips which will come in handy, if you’re aiming to get fit.
The process of attaining an hourglass figure, initially most women panic and opt for extreme dieting or unhealthy ways to lose weight and spoil their health in the long run. Ideally if you plan in advance and stick to a healthy lifestyle or physical activity routine, the outcome would be stunning results without having to compromise on health. All this alongside a good diet and sleep schedule should work wonders on your agenda.
Most women are advised to do workouts at home in their free time. From cardio like running, skipping, spot jogging, aerobics which can be effective, easy, low-cost to get in shape. But if you are more determined, toss in a bit of weights to see some dramatic outcome. However, if you end up running away from exercise regimes, you should join a gym, dance class, or get yourself an instructor at-home to help you lose flab. The trainer can chart out a plan as per your goals and work on your problem areas. Today, the most popular and natural form of exercise which helps attain long term results would have to be Pilates and its varied forms like strength training and cardio.
Body Image personal training studio swears by these fitness forms. As per the fitness mecca- Pilates and many other exercises, means improving your strength, flexibility, alignment, posture, long, lean muscles, strength and endurance in the legs, abdomen, arms, hips, and back. Once you do that, you’ll feel energized and revitalized. You will stand up straighter, look more streamlined and move with greater ease not to mention losing that extra bit of weight and looking magnificent. It also involves strength training with a meditative focus involving control, flow and concentration. It puts emphasis on spinal and pelvic alignment, breathing to relieve stress and allows adequate oxygen flow to muscles, developing a strong core or centre (tones abdomen while strengthening the back). It improves coordination and balance. The workout is easy but it requires a personal trainer, and it is recommended to do this form of exercise at a gym.
Most women look to the celebrities and their fat fighting success stories or journey, when it comes to battling the bulge and looking drop dead gorgeous.
Yasmin Karachiwala, the most sought-after celebrity fitness expert with more than two decades of experience in the fitness industry and pioneer of ‘Pilates’ physical fitness system in India. She makes the Bollywood ladies fit and fab. The lady with a magic wand has earned the reputation of being a celebrity fitness trainer with her clientele enlisting the crème de la crème of Bollywood like Katrina Kaif, Deepika Padukone, Kareena Kapoor, Alia Bhatt, Ileana D’Cruz, Malaika Arora Khan, Preity Zinta, Zareen Khan, Bipasha Basu to name a few. Yasmin is the spirit behind the sensuous and toned bodies of Katrina Kaif and DeepikaPadukone who have recently been appreciated for their svelte figure in their respective movies. Many stars have vouched that Yasmin has helped them focus on tightening their lower body and thighs by weight training through lunges and squats.
Yasmin runs Body Image, a fitness mecca in the city of dreams which trains people from all walks of life helping people set realistic goals. For those who dream of looking like a celebrity genuine health and fitness is a combination of exercise, food and lifestyle and all three have to work in conjunction with each other. Yasmin feels, “You can’t look like anybody else, but you can get to know your own body type, work from the inside out, and with consistency and perseverance you will look and feel your best in no time. It’s not all about being thin. Being thin is not being fit. It is important to understand that even if you are thin, you need to do something to enhance your fitness.”
It is imperative to find the right exercise routine that suits your goals and needs – one that works specifically for your body type and the food you eat must not be a tedious diet that you have picked out, but a variable routine that you look forward to each morning. At Body Image, they customize food plans (not diets) are designed for each client based on their needs, requirements and lifestyles-the aim is for clients to understand that the most important thing about correct eating is what to eat, when to eat it, how much to eat and in what combination.
Yasmin suggests very useful tips for working women, housewives and college girls.
1. Work Out Daily – Exercise every day for atleast an hour as it releases endorphins, which are your body’s feel good hormones. It’s very important to find a type of exercise that you love, it doesn’t have to be just going to the gym. Try cycling or swimming or play a sport run in the park, as you’re more likely to stick to it when you enjoy it.
2. Set Realistic Goals: Setting a realistic goal is a great way to get motivated. Try setting weekly goals so that it easy to achieve and you can see the progress and feel motivated to keep going. Having someone to work out with whether a personal trainer or a friend will give you that extra push you need.
3. Eat Clean: Drink a vegetable juice every day to help detox your system and give you glowing skin! Don’t forget to carry healthy snack options like a fruit or a handful of nuts when you’re running around for your wedding preparations. Eating every 2 – 3 hours boosts your metabolism. Stay Hydrated throughout the day!
4. Optimize your sleep: Sleep for at least 6-8 hours to help your body function properly. Lack of sleep makes your body crave for fatty foods in the day. So don’t skimp on your beauty sleep.
5. Stay Calm: Including Pilates in your exercise regime can minimize the pre-wedding stress. Pilates is a great stress buster plus it improves your posture, giving you a straighter spine and a taut belly.
Yasmin who trains star Katrina Kaif and considers her extremely committed to her fitness regime. Well, to think she has trained Kat who shakes her booty and a whole nation wakes up to it.
Yasmin says, “ Katrina trains really hard and is extremely fit. She worked out for 2.5 hours every day. One and a half hour of functional training along with an hour of cardio each day. We did Pilates to give her that extra fine-tuning and long lean muscle tone. To do the following exercises you need to have worked out for at least a year and have good fitness level and body awareness.”
“Given a choice, the actor would never exercise. She dislikes working out. But being in an industry where acting, looking good and having a super body is a prerequisite, one is left with no choice. The important thing is to choose the right exercise and trainer.”
The top trainer gives out Katrina’s Workout Schedule which the star follows week after week for a flawless body. Here’s to what you should follow to get Katrina’s statuesque body.
- Kettlebell and Medicine ball workout
- 1 hour of Treadmill
- Functional Training and Plyometrics
- 1 hour on the Spinning Bike
- Pilates on the Reformer
- 1 hour of cross trainer with ATS (Altitude Training)
- TRX and Rip Trainer
- 1 hour Treadmill
- Pilates on the Wunda Chair
- 1 hour spinning with ATS (Altitude Training System)
- MFT (Multi functional trainer) and Trampoline
- 1 hour of Cross Trainer
- Bosu & Swiss ball workout
And just like that, you could get fit and fabulous like a star in a matter of days! Happy Workout!